Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A vengeful mind is a tricky thing. When I watch movies about revenge, I wonder how far the protagonists go to achieve their goals. Killing Abel was written by Michael Tieman. With his imagination, the author tried to fill in the gaps in the story of Adam and Eve down to Noah's day.

Adam and Eve had started procreation. Their first child was Eva. She was the first human to be born and to develop from a young age to adulthood. She blossomed into a beautiful woman like her mother, Eve. Adam even noticed this. Eva needed a man of her own, but the only man available was Adam, and Eve was not willing to share. So she waited patiently for her mother to bear a son. After twelve girls, her mother finally bore the first son, Cain, then she bore another, Abel. When the two boys grew up, Eva and Abel fell in love and got married. But not too long after, Cain killed his brother. This made Eva very vengeful and hateful towards Cain. But she married him. Why would she do that? What would their marriage be like?

The characters in this book were well-developed and interesting. Cain was quite a character. The author described him as being very hateful and unappreciative. After everything he did, it was surprising that the author wrote that Cain was remorseful and deserved redemption later in the book. Noah was an obedient worshipper of God. He used the Nephilims to build the ark. Yet, they didn't join them to enter the ark. This was puzzling.

The only thing I disliked about this book was that I found some of the author's stories outrageous. As someone who knows the true Bible story, some parts of the book felt surreal to me. The author must have done a lot of thinking to be able to write a book such as this. He even backed up some of the things he wrote with quoted scriptures. The feelings and emotions of Adam and Eve during their early days were enlightening and more factual than the rest of the stories in the book.

Unfortunately, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would have given it a perfect rating, but I think some Christians who know the true Bible story might find this book as outrageous as I did. It might even discourage them from continuing to read. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to those who study religion and doctrines. I also recommend it to those who might be attracted by the book title.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Killing Abel is a book that opened my eyes to the hidden things in the Bible. The author took his time to explain those things lacking in the Bible. Great review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 06:21 Killing Abel is a book that opened my eyes to the hidden things in the Bible. The author took his time to explain those things lacking in the Bible. Great review.
Thanks. But I think his work was more of a fiction than true facts from the Bible.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I love how you highlighted Eva’s vengeance in your summary. Moreover, like you, I was also shocked by the many outrageous occurrences in the book.
Boo_loves_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boo-loves-books.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Boo_loves_books »

I agree with you that some of the stories seemed outrageous, at the same time, I suppose the author was exercising his creative freedom and depicting the alarmingly true nature of mankind. As someone who has also read the Bible and has a fair understanding of the nature of God, I did find some of the concepts the author presented a bit difficult to grapple with. You definitely need to read the book with an open mind. I liked the rhetorical questions you asked in the review as they stir up the reader's curiosity.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85569
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1314%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Historical fictional book that examine the few chapters of Genesis the old testament christian bible verse
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This is a twisted way of expressing the book of Genesis in the Bible. However, the plot is interesting. I would like to read it. Interesting review.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Your review is amazing. I'm definitely reading this book soonest. Kudos for a job well done. Good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”