Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Summer Henrietta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is an inspiring memoir about the life of a freedom fighter and globe-trotting diplomat, Ghoulem Berrah. It notes the struggles of Dr. Berrah from his infancy as an Algerian child living in a European colony to being an adviser to the President of the Republic. It documents how French colonizers erased Algerian history.

Berrah, an independent advocate who studied medicine in France, got arrested for his political activities in Spain and travelled to China and America to learn and teach. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was a Muslim but had a black Catholic wife. He maintained an enviable relationship with her. In his struggle for freedom, he faced many challenges. He dedicated his life to the pursuit of peace. His journey through life was not as smooth as it has always been for freedom fighters. What were these challenges he faced? How did he overcome them whilst upholding his values?

The book starts with a prologue by the now deceased Titular Archbishop of Bolsena. We read about the intriguing life of a freedom fighter, diplomat, husband, and adviser to the president. Written in the tone of an idealist preoccupied with thoughts of a better future, it is richly detailed and so thorough in accounting that no stone was left unturned. His story gives the third world a glimpse into what freedom fighting entails.

The book is chronologically ordered, and the plot is easy to follow. The adventures flowed beautifully into each other and interested the reader more. Using pictures in the book helped to create connections and left no room for pictorial imagination.

This book is a great inspiration for political activists.There is no room for assumptions, as the book documents Dr. Ghoulem Berrah’s adventures to the core. It contains a wealth of wisdom and great moral lessons to maintain a world full of peace and free of hate and bigotry. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for the above reasons, as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Though the book was lengthy, its contents are valuable. It would serve as a good history book for students. I found one error in this book, so it is safe to say that it was well-edited.

I recommend this book to people interested in the diplomatic history of Africa and those interested in political history. I will also recommend it to people who feel the need to be inspired to do extraordinary things.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Reading about outstanding leadership has been my favorite this book is an exceptional read about a diplomat. Thanks for the review.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

This is truly a lengthy book but it's as you said, the contents are valuable and it's a really good history book. I love his never-ending passion In his quest to find freedom for his country. I enjoyed reading your review. The summary is precise and straight to the point.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Dr Ghoulem Berrah lived a remarkable life, reading this book was truly motivational. We need more people like him. Great review.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Nice review. I enjoyed the storyline and I’ll definitely read this book soon. Congrats on your published review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I would love to know more about the life of Dr. Ghoulem as it seems his life was an impressive one worthy of emulation. I enjoyed reading this review; I look forward to reading the book next.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This book was not just interesting in some of its parts, it was inspiring and has a lot to teach its readers. I liked the character Berrah. Good review.
Mmeso Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmeso-goodness.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mmeso Goodness »

This is really an interesting read. Though I think the book was really lengthy.
Your review was insightful.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

It was wise if the author to incorporate pictures in the book. I appreciate you for writing this wonderful review. I have been reading your reviews for a while now and I must say they are spectacular. You summarized the book well without giving out spoilers. Kudos!
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I recently finished reading A Dream for Peace by Dr. Berrah and I can't help but be in awe of the kind of man he is. He respects people and their religions. He is a man who is respectable and responsible.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Dr Ghoulem Berrah lived a remarkable and motivational life. He had a dream for peace and he did his best to achieve it. We need more people like him. Great review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Memoirs are not my specialties or my best read but this one is one in a thousand. The protagonists life has a lot to behold, from his achievements to his goals and challenges. Seeking peace is a great deal but not easily attainable. It's funny to ask why but there are enemies of peace and it's sad. Dr. Berrah tried his bit. We can all try ours. Lovely review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Berrah studied medicine in France? To think that someone who spent years in medical school would be arrested for something relating to politics? What a twist. Great review
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

The struggle for peace has never been an easy one but it becomes ironical to chase for peace in a violent way. It is never successful and this book shows exactly that. It shows the importance of dialogue . Nice review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Dr Ghoulem definitely is a freedom fighter and peace maker. Most areas of his life are mixed. For example marrying someone with different skin color and religion as he is something. I am glad for his rise. I will love to read about this icon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”