Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Summer Henrietta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine being on your honeymoon and suddenly discovering that your life and the life of perhaps a continent are in danger of being wiped off the surface of the earth. Kelly and Tom are newlyweds on their honeymoon in Honduras. When Kelly decides to go on a tour of the city, she gets fascinated with a store called the Pigsty. Excited to look in the shop, she went in but found no one. Curiously, Kelly wandered farther into the shop and got to a door with an Employee’s Only sign. She decides to live up to her name, Kelly the Curious. Kelly started snooping around and nearly got caught. She hurriedly makes her way to the villa and calls her brother, Crusading United States senator Michael Mcbride. He tries to get information from her but meets a dead end. He got worried and decided to phone his sister’s husband to find out if everything was fine. However, Tom confirmed that he was not with his wife at the moment and placed a call to her. Kelly was unwilling to spill anything, so she assured him she was okay, impatiently waiting for his return. Tom gets home, and Kelly confides in him. The duo began working alongside the USA team and Steve, whom they got acquainted with under weird circumstances. They joined forces against Dear Leader, the villain, and his traitorous cohorts. What did they find out in the course of their investigation? Were they able to stop this secret mission from coming to fruition?

Most importantly, what happens when the power goes out?

E M P Honeymoon is a thriller with a large chunk of suspense. Themes such as friendship, love, teamwork, fear, and courage were dominant in the book. I admired Jung Lo’s courage in his plan to escape from the homeland, despite knowing what lies in store for him if he gets caught. His tactics were also admirable. The USA team’s work is also commendable. I also noticed some of the characters were familiar with each other, though there was no hint that they had met in the previous series. The author’s choice of words is a bit complicated as people with no prior knowledge of scientific terms might find it hard to read without the help of a dictionary.

The pages of this book struck me right from the prologue. I would commend the use of suspense as it kept me engaged. I kept turning the pages of this book with my heart in my mouth in anticipation of another thrilling adventure. The prologue was effective in capturing the reader’s attention. I liked that each character had a point of view with their thoughts written in italics, as it helped me to create that connection with the characters. The plot progression is commendable. I was not confused at any point in time while reading. I understood each event as it took place. The author’s use of humour and sarcasm to ease tension was top-notch. He employed sarcasm where I didn’t think it was possible. Though the book ended abruptly, I applaud the author’s brief letter to readers that gave an insight into the sudden end of the plot, as not all writers would take the pain of explanation. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for the above reasons. I found no errors while reading, so it is safe to say the book was well edited by a professional.

I recommend this book to older teens and adults interested in action-packed, suspense-filled books with scientific diction and a touch of true friendship. I must warn you that there are profanities in this book.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

This review is very informative. I really loved the actions in this book. I can rate this book 4 out of 4. Thanks for the great review.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

I love reading suspense-filled and action-packed novels, so I might as well read this book. I think one has to start with the early series to have a better understanding of this book, that will definitely be the best bet to understand the connection between Jung Lo, Dear Leader, and Kelly. Thanks for the review.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I have read two books by Dorothy May Mercer. I would say the biggest lesson I learnt from this book was on team work. However, I think this book made it seem as though tracking terrorist was an easy job. This review was not lacking in anyway I could not agree less with the content of your review. Nice review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

It was interesting to read this book from your POV. It was enlightening to read this book. Nice review.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Great review you've got here. I enjoyed the book. I'd definitely read this one. Congrats on its publication.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

You captured the essence of this book so well in this review. If the review of E M P Honeymoon is this interesting, how much more interesting will the book be? Thank you for taking your time to write this. I really enjoyed reading it.
Mmeso Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmeso-goodness.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mmeso Goodness »

I find it totally absurd to turn an investigator while on your honeymoon!
This book is thrilling and engaging. I can't wait to read the book.
Great review!
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer contains themes that I would like to read about. I'm glad that this review did justice to the book and helped me make the decision to read it. I enjoyed reading this review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I can imagine how what's suppose to be honeymoon became terrorists hunt. The storyline is exciting and suspenseful.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

I have heard so much about this book. Kelly the curious indeed. I wonder what she stumbled on. Good review
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

The book is such a page turner. It has an interesting storyline, one that I would love to read. Thank you for this detailed review of this book. I would love to read it soon.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

It feels nice to read such a wholesome review of this book. You gave in your best in writing this review. I like the details you shared and your honesty. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review of this book.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Your first paragraph is certainly luring. What does the store, Pigsty, hold secret ? I'd really love to find out what Kelly must've seen. Thanks for the amazing review and recommendation.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”