Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Muna Chizzy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Melody, a young woman struggling desperately to stay afloat in a chilly Colorado river, is saved by four women called Rose, Sophie, Amanda, and Veronica. These four women got together for a weekend fly fishing trip and a bonding experience. We observe how these women's lives were intertwined through the activity of fly fishing and how relationships developed between them. Follow these characters as they reveal to one another their secrets, moments of delight, fear, and suffering.

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a fascinating tale that highlights the importance of friendship in one's life. I'm astounded that fly fishing might foster friendships. This helps me to realize that friendships can develop anywhere and in any way. In teaching these women how to fly fish, Rose, who has a passion for the sport, opened a portal into their world. She served as a mother figure and is the group's eldest member. In this book, each character's unique personality is revealed. As Amanda and Veronica's love story unfolds, Sophie is seen wishing for a similar kind of love. Melody is a photographer who exudes an air of insecurity and perplexity regarding her future. Amanda, a teacher, is seen worrying about her husband, who is serving in Afghanistan. Veronica also comes across as a tough, opinionated woman who is being hounded by her past. These women's companionship helps me realize what I'm missing out on in life. The importance of friendship in one's life may be shown in how it allows one to let go of long-repressed emotions, share a connection, and be happy to be a part of someone else's life and discuss issues and difficulties.

What I appreciate most about the book is how well the author explains how fly fishing operates and how it differs from other types of fishing. This book has a wealth of information for those who are unfamiliar with fly fishing. I like how these disparately aged and socially positioned ladies come together to form friendships. Thus, friendship has nothing to do with one's age, rank, or upbringing.

There is nothing about the book that I didn't like. Michelle did a fantastic job with the book's writing style. I felt a personal connection to the characters since they were well-developed. In their words, I could feel the hurt, the tears, the excitement, and the terror. This is a heartfelt tale that will move readers to tears and stay in their hearts for a long time.

The book is exceptionally well-edited. I found no errors in it. I rate the book four out of four stars. In addition to educating individuals about fly fishing and instilling moral principles, this engrossing novel will cause readers to reflect on their own lives. Readers who enjoy fly fishing and readers who are shy around people should read this captivating narrative; both groups will find inspiration and motivation in it.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

It sounds like a nice book. It speaks of something which looks severed in many human relationships. The author has succeeded in inspiring introverts into friendship.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This book sounds interesting I would love to read it nice review
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

The book is informative and it shows how valuable friendship is.i will be learning a new method of fishing. Thanks for this great review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I like how these book wasn't only about Melody, it was about each of the five women. I like the book. Nice review
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This is a tale of 3 friends from different spheres of life. It shows how friendship can help alleviate issues if we establish it wi5h worthy people.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

The book seems like a good one. It refers to anything that appears severed in many interpersonal connections. The author was successful in encouraging friendship among introverts.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Relationships between female hardly lastelong compare with that between. I hope to read this book and see how the relationship between the 4 sisters went. Your review is detailed and captivating. Welldone
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Relationships between female hardly lasts long compared with that between. I hope to read this book and see how the relationship between the 4 sisters went. Your review is detailed and captivating. Welldone
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Books about themes of friendship always motivates me to read. This would be one I would like to read. Great job with your review. Well done.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
noelhope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelhope.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by noelhope »

This book emphasises on friendship and relationships. It show that friendship is about expressing genuine emotions, connect, and be happy. It also includes sharing your difficulties and challenges. Amazing review.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

The cover does not catch my attention, but after reading your review, I am definitely interested in reading it.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I chose to read this book solely for the friendship aspect, and I enjoyed reading it too. Thank you for the excellent review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

There is a certain mystery in how friendships begin from strangers to people who share a bond and trust each other with their lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”