Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Regard003 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A couple decides to spend their honeymoon on a remote island. The couple decides to do different activities one day. Kelly will go sightseeing while Tom goes fishing. They had agreed on a new meeting time and location. Kelly, fortunately, or unfortunately, becomes separated from her tourist group and stumbles into a terrorist hideout and laboratory. Kelly, unable to believe her eyes, decides to investigate further. Kelly discovers weapons capable of causing great harm wherever they were projected during her subtle search.

Kelly was seen and almost captured by these people, but she managed to escape. She tells her husband Tom, who happens to be a cop, and her brother, who happens to be a senator, about her encounter. Decisions are made, actions are taken, and a network is launched. These adversaries must be defeated.

E M P Honeymoon was written by Dorothy May Mercer. I had high hopes for this book because I am familiar with its author and her wonderful writing style, and I was not disappointed. The first thing that strikes me about this book is how realistic it is. Kelly, for example, called her brother instead of her husband when she was in a panic. Even before she met her husband, I'm sure her brother's phone number was on speed dial.

The importance of networking and having good connections cannot be overstated, and this book demonstrates that. Both on the terrorist's and the government's and FBI's side. With strong networking, great things (both good and evil) can be accomplished. The plot of the book appeals to me. Although they were fighting terrorists, the couple did not lose sight of their romance. I found no grammatical errors while reading this book. It was flawlessly edited.

This book has nothing to dislike about it. I was a little confused when they started talking about cyber terms and weapons. But these words were thoroughly explained, and I learned a few things. EMP is an abbreviation for electromagnetic pulse.

E M P Honeymoon earns four out of four stars from me. Nothing less is acceptable. It was flawlessly edited, had a fantastic storyline, subtle lessons to be learned, and, despite the tension, had a sense of humor.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy crime and terrorist fiction, cyberwar fiction, and books about detectives and secret agents. This book can be read at any time because it is not too long and does not contain explicit sexual content. It could be a fun way to spend your free time.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

Wow, I just finished reading this book. This couple is commendable. Leaving their enjoyment to fight for the safety of the country is something I love about them. Great review.
Rina Neiman
Currently Reading: Before They Are Hanged
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rina-neiman.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Rina Neiman »

Huh, it's really interesting how differently two people can perceive the same book. I also wrote a review for this book recently, and let's just say I saw things a bit differently. I did like some of it, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it.

Always fun to read a different perspective :)
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Wow, I just read the book a few days back, it is so interesting and captivating that the level of the sacrifice by the couple is worth emulating. Great review.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

I am overwhelmed to have come across this book, is so interesting nice review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I find the plot of this book interesting. Honeymoon becomes crime solving site. I enjoyed reading your review and look forward to reading the book. Welldone
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

The event that lead to the stop of their honeymoon was bad. I learned that in life we may experience things that we did not plan but we must learn to move on. Bravo
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

I'm interested in reading this book since I enjoy the author's reading style. Amazing review.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

The importance of good communication with people can not be overemphasized. Great review!
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

The importance of good communication with people can not be overemphasized. Great review!
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

This book is an interesting book. Your review really captivated my interest. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book expresses the importance of communication and is very interesting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”