Review of The Ant Called Tiny

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Review of The Ant Called Tiny

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Ant Called Tiny" by Miles Phillip Lewis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tiny is the smallest ant in a village of tiny ants. Tiny is convinced that God has a grand plan for his life. He is devoted to God's word and eager to serve and fulfill His will. Tiny prayed to God for guidance and direction while waiting patiently. Finally, as Tiny was sleeping, God appeared to him in a dream. God's word to Tiny was that Tiny was to convey the goodness of God to the people and that anyone who believed in God would spend eternity with Him. Tiny was tasked with showing the other ants what eternity would be like, so God sent him out to fill a deep canyon. Tiny was assigned to carry sand grain and transfer it to the deep canyon.

The book's vibrant visual illustrations are appealing. I liked how the pictures depicted the ant village and the ants. The drawings are well-done and colorful. There are many aspects in the artwork that I found eye-catching and that brought out the bright spirit of the story.

I also liked the lesson conveyed in the story. Tiny, the smallest ant in his tribe, isn't scared to dream big. He has faith in God and believes that He will utilize him for a great cause. He is determined, patient, resilient, God-centered, and full of faith and optimism. These are beneficial characteristics that children and anybody reading the book can adopt.

There is nothing I disliked about the book.

I rate The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis 4 out of 4 stars. I believe the book is extraordinarily well-edited because I found no grammatical errors. The book has captured good characteristics for children to learn while engaging them with bright imagery. I recommend this book to younger children and believe it is also appropriate for nighttime reading. It is the perfect book for young Christians.

The Ant Called Tiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Tiny was determined deapite being the smallest and that's a great lesson. Your summary of the book is amazing. I love the fact that the book contains colorful illustrations. Children will love this book and learn alot from it.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I liked the author's way of conveying such a powerful message in a very simple way. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”