Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Azubike Richard »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every business has challenges. The aim of starting a business is to make a profit. We must meet those who are successful in the business. Any business where the owner is always making losses would not last long.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis is a book about the challenges in healthcare. Living a healthy life is vital if we want to enjoy our life. The author used the book to teach readers the benefits of taking our health seriously. One thing I love about the book is how the author gives real-life experiences. The author shared the challenges faced by healthcare workers in the book. We must be very careful with our health. The primary responsibility of medical personnel is to save a life. The author also shared the difference between healthcare quality in the past and present.

The book has some positive sides. I adore how the author discusses health in the book. The healthcare of every country is essential. A nation without good healthcare is in jeopardy. I did not have any challenges with the author's abbreviations in the book because she wrote the full meaning of all acronyms. For instance, on page 96, the author added the full meaning of EMR (Electronic Medical Record). I love how the author started the book. She starts the book by telling readers about her father and how he carried out his medical treatment. The experiences she had with her father were interesting and educative.

The book has some negative sides. It was not easy to understand some words used by the author in the piece. For instance, on page 78, the author added a word (Nivolumab). A reader not in the medical field may find it challenging to understand those words. I want the author to use simple words in the book or add the meaning of those problematic words at the beginning of the book. The book has a lot of punctuation and grammatical errors. The author needs to work on the editing of the book.

The author did a fantastic job. I adore the author's method of conveying information to the readers. I found a lot of punctuation and grammatical errors, so it is not professionally well-edited. Due to my negative sides, I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend the book to anyone who wants to read about the challenges faced in healthcare.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is a very informative book that teaches readers a lot about the healthcare activities in the world. I learned many medical terms after reading the book. Thank you for your review
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This book has opened my eyes to different steps I needed to take to be in good health. The author did an excellent job in this book. Good review.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

This book is a great guide. The part about insurance will really open the eyes of each reader concerning heslthcare. The author did very well.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is a great eye opener to personal health, preventive methods to avoid old age health challenges. Insightful review welldone
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I find this book helpful for People in the healthcare business everyone concerned with his/her health. Th author's wealth if experience makes this book a must read for me. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This is a book that will be helpful for those that are searching for information regarding the healthcare industry.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book provides you with a guide to understanding the health care world and how to use it to your advantage
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

Although I am not into the medical business but I believe that the talks on health by the author would be of great help to me.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”