Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Re: Review of Killing Abel

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting attempt to explain possible scenarios for Genesis stories such as Cain and Abel and why God would want to cause the flood. While it might not be for everyone, it might be worth a second look. Well done.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The mystery surrounding Adam and Eve leave Bible students to wonder what really happened and will the truth ever be revealed. In the meantime, readers can read one possibility of what happened with Adam, Eve, and their family. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

In this book, the author reimagines the story of Abel and Cain. It's great that the book folows the timeline of the events as it happened in the Bible.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I also enjoyed the book and the way the writer follows the timeline. Your review was enjoyable, however; I am a bit confused. You admit this is a fictionalized account, yet you state it gives answers to the way Cain received his mark and other things that are not accurate. This may seem minor, but if a person unfamiliar with the old testament were to read your review and then the book it could lead to false ideas of what the old testament says. This book is one mans fictional account of what could have happened, not what happened.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Outstanding literature. Who would imagine that a very creative story could come out of the time jumped. Cain and Abel is a common story, but we never really got to know how Adam and the rest reacted to Abel's death. This book gives a good insight, but a fictional one. Your review has been a joy to read. Kudos.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

I would love to know more about the creation of God and the early life of Adam and eve from this work of fiction.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

I'm fascinated. A fictional story about the possible scenario of biblical events. The author did a good job with innovative plot and dramatization of the story to fillthe gap between the scenario. Trully insightful. I know it was an attempt and no one could confirm the accuracy. Amazing review!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. After reading your review I'm sure I want to add this to my list of books to read. I have read another book that is fictional based on the Bible and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I have high hopes for this one. I would like to know about the mark and what caused such jealousy.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Great review! I’m not religious but this sounds like a fascinating book. Congratulations to the author in BOTD.
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Though the story of Abel is mostly known, this fictionalized account of it seems interesting to me. I would like to know why Cain has a mark, and where is garden of Eden is. Author's easy to follow writing style will make any reader understand the story easily. Congrats on BOTD!!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I attempted to read this book several times, but I always ended up getting bored and not finishing it. I felt the author was way too creative in his guessing of the events that "happened" during those gaps in the Bible accounts. This review prods me to give the book another try.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

This sounds very interesting. I've always wondered about the Cain's mark and what it's about so I'm excited to read about this. Thanks for an insightful review.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

You are right when you say that many people are familiar with the story of Cain and Abel, but this novel seeks to give a more in-depth version of the ancient biblical account. I would also like to find out about Adam's square and Lamech's pentagon. As for the Nephilim, I have heard many tales about them. Many people believe that they are the offspring of fallen angels. Others believe they are giants.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

This book contains a thorough explanation of the events when Cain killed Abel. It's not new to most Christians, but the in-depth dramatization of the story helps the readers empathize with the characters. There's a lot more to learn in the religious discussions in the latter chapters. Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Natasha Kim
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

This is an engaging read. I'll love to read this book and understand more about biblical stories. The author kinda revived this biblical story into a more elaborate and interesting one. There's a lot to learn from this masterpiece. Thanks for your review. Congrats on being the BOTD.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”