Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters is a fiction book by a fantastic author, Michelle Cummings. The reader's experience with this story will undoubtedly be eye-opening and emotional.

A unique pastime called fly fishing serves as the unifying factor in the lives of five different women who are the story's main characters. The women are of various ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. They are all in their 20s to 60s, but they still get along well. Sophie was a farm girl from Kansas who moved to Colorado to open a greenhouse and a nursery. A Denver native named Veronica led leadership workshops and team-building exercises to aid women in moving up the corporate ladder. Amanda was a teacher who had two children and a husband who was deployed to Afghanistan. The gathering place for the group's fly fishing weekends was Rose's cabin, a widow. The newest and youngest member of the group was Melody. The first four women had been friends for a long time at the start of the story. They were bonded together by their intense love of fly fishing. Together, they went through many highs and lows in life. These women discuss their struggles and triumphs throughout the book. The book's presentation of each of these was astounding and impressive.

The five women's stories are inspiring and moving. The tale is engaging, and the author did a great job of attracting the readers' attention. The way the author presented the characters in the novel and the vital bond they shared captured my attention. I appreciated that the story avoided needless drama or unfavorable sentiment. The book's dazzling depictions of fly fishing's allure inspire readers to discover more about the activity. I enjoyed the excerpts from people in the fly fishing sport that were included in the book at the beginning of each section. This is because it inspired me. An example was one by John Bailey. In addition, the book also captured the natural humor of women simply having fun in the absence of men to complicate matters, which fascinated me.

There was absolutely nothing unsettling about this book. My interest didn't diminish through reading the book. The storyline effortlessly retained my attention. I had a prior interest in learning all about fly fishing. Fortunately, the information weaved into the story allowed me to know some crucial facts. I didn't encounter any errors, and this sufficiently demonstrates its flawless editing. I'll give this book an excellent rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it was engaging, uplifting, and information-rich.

I recommend The Reel Sisters to readers looking for motivation to start a new hobby. Both genders would enjoy this book. However, because it is geared toward women, women would benefit more from it.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I think this book would help me in my search for a new hobby. However, I don't think men complicate women's happiness like you mentioned.
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

The book shows the connection that women have with each other. A beautifullu written review
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

I love how these amazing women found solace in themselves. It showed women's friendships still exist. Thanks for this enlightening review.
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

This is an amazing book. I recommend it to friends.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”