Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by E Daves »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would life be like for you if you could quit the life that society expects you to live and actually live as you want? If you are scared of making daring decisions or you are hesitant about taking such a bold step, then you need to read Tina Dreffin's Bluewater Walkabout.

Tina and Peter decided to go on an expedition to the South Pacific. The husband and wife have devoted their lives to exploring adventure since they met. Their two boys, Adam and Warren, as well as two of their sons' friends, went with them on this expedition. Along the way, they encounter numerous obstacles and setbacks. While taking us on this journey with her family, Tina also highlights various events, like how she met her husband and their previous adventures.

Tina may not know it, but by sharing her adventurous experiences with the world in this book, she has given thousands of people the boldness and motivation to say YES to freedom and to live life to its fullest. She helped us understand that having doubts is perfectly normal. She continually questioned her decision to embark on the adventure, but didn't chicken out. Her boys were always driving her crazy. Even when they visited the Kruger National Park, they were wild and did daring things. A mother could not care less, even when there is minimal danger.

Several things made me adore this book. First, despite being a memoir, this book was written using a brilliant storytelling technique that carries the reader along on all the adventures. Tina is a skilled storyteller. She was never short on details. I adore the pictures this book contains. Each chapter begins with an image that serves as a teaser for the content to come. Along with the photos, there were also quotes that the author shared at the start of each chapter. These things made me realize that Tina Dreffin put a lot of thought into bringing this book to reality. Also, even though she wasn't sure if she should share her sexual abuse experience, she did anyway. And guess what? It was one of the things that endeared the book to me. I hope that many more women can speak up about this topic so that they can heal and help the younger ones learn from their experiences. For these reasons, I rate Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin 4 out of 4 stars.

I couldn't find anything to dislike in this book, but I did encounter a few minor errors. These minor errors did not affect my reading experience, so they did not affect the rating. I might not be able to go on a quarter of the adventures Tina went on in my whole life, but this memoir has helped me overcome the fear of trying things out just because they are risky. I would recommend this book to readers who love adventure.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I also liked the fact that she talked about her sexual experience. Though it was out of the storyline it kept me glued to the book
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

Tina Griffin's life wasn't an easy one. I love how you narrated all she went through with her family in the course of getting a memorable adventure. I'm a good lover of adventure books and I give this book a high star.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This was a very exciting read! I have never been on a boat before so I find spending weeks or even months on the sea unbelievable.
This is an adventurous book with detailed insights of events and experiences.
Your review was great.
Kudos!
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The boys that were their crew really got on Tina's nerves. They made her worry a lot. I admire such an adventure and wish that one day I would take on such an adventure on the sea. I enjoyed reading Bluewater Walkabout and I enjoyed reading this review too.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I admire Tina's courage in sharing her abuse experience. It must have been hard to admit to such abuse but she did. I hope more women do not experience such things either in their place of work or anywhere.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Your summary has piqued my interest. I would love to read about the different adventures that Tina and her family embark on. Thanks for this review!
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I have never been on boat talk more of going for the kind of expedition that Tina and her family went for. I'm a adventurous person and I wish I could have this kind of fun. I look forward to reading this book so that I will find more about their adventure.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I already like the lesson that this book is teaching. Having doubts is okay, but we shouldn't allow it prevent us from having the fun of our lives. I like your summary of this book. Thank you so much for this honest and detailed review.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Reading about Tina's travelling expeditions really got me excited. This book was so lovely although i found some part of this book very emotional. You did well giving a brilliant summàry of this book. Nice review.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

I enjoyed reading your review. I would really love to check out this book. I want to see what life at see would look like. Keep up with the good work.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

I have just read this book and I love it! Tina’s adventures are daring and inspiring. She has inspired me to live life to the fullest and do what my heart aches for! I enjoyed her story and would recommend this book to anyone looking to read something adventurous and inspirational.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Nice review. I want to know more about the adventure of Tina and her family. Good review.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

Tina's life is really a complex one. She's been going through a lot and this journey is much needed one. This book is enlightening and uplifting. It shows us that sometimes all we need is a break from all the thinking and stress and that it is always important to have someone can share our life with. Nice review.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

Summer Henrietta wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 11:26 This was a very exciting read! I have never been on a boat before so I find spending weeks or even months on the sea unbelievable.
This is an adventurous book with detailed insights of events and experiences.
Your review was great.
Kudos!
I have never been on a boat too. However, reading this book showed me a lot I would want to explore. I will like to embark on this sort of adventure one day.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”