Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I picked up this book expecting to be carried away by some kind of love story. The author took me unawares by introducing some mind-blowing scenes. This book is an incredible mixture of action and teamwork. After reading this book, I imagined myself being a cop. I have just decided to respect security officers who work tirelessly to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Most of the time, these officers do this at the expense of their own personal comfort. E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a book that will definitely leave you wanting more.

Tom Turbulo and Kelly McBride were two very interesting characters who recently got married. These couples were having a good time in Honduras. Kelly walked into a pigsty shop to buy some gifts for her family, only to be amazed by what she discovered. Was this shop a den for some terrorist group? Kelly luckily escaped and contacted her brother for help. Did Kelly’s discovery ruin her honeymoon? As the story flowed, more interesting characters were introduced. Read this book to find out about the series of investigations that were carried out to uncover these terrorists.

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is quite an interesting book. I think from this book, I came to understand that technology can either be beneficial or weaponized. The author did so well at writing about each character and also giving them some unique personalities. The characters were properly connected and well developed. The suspense in this book was one thing that showcased the author's talent in an exceptional way. At some point, I felt hooked. I found only one error in this book.

The title of this book initially gave me the idea that it would be some kind of love story. This was not so. Personally, I think this book was more about action and had almost nothing to do with romance. A more appropriate title would have been better for me. The relationship between the married couples was so cold and off to me. It seemed strange that Kelly decided to call her brother, who was in a different location, instead of her husband, who was closer to her. It felt like Tom was a low-level cop. This book made it seem as if tracking terrorists was a very easy task, as the investigator did not experience much challenge doing that.

For some of the reasons above, I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to all those who love action-filled books.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mosele 19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosele-19.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mosele 19 »

This romance and love action novel is a must read. I must say I love this review. The message is clear and you gave good details of the story. Nice review.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

I agree with you, the title of this novel wasn't really fitting. The title also gave the impression that there will be more romance but that was not so. Great review.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

This book is fascinating and amazing. Your review gave me more insight on the book's storyline. Thanks for the great review
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a great detective novel that details how the American government foiled a plan to through an atomic bomb into its territory from Honduras. I enjoyed the read. Thanks for the review.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for an honest review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

I do hope this book is better than what I'm assuming. I've been disappointed once and it would be nice to find something that'd actually blow my mind. The story seems exciting with the way you've described it and I believe your words. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

Crime thrillers have always been my best and to crown it all there was romance. I can't wait to munch this book. I love the review and how detailed it was. Thanks for the review.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I will admit that I thought this book was going to be a romance novel. Reading this review mare me realize that it wasn't just that. I love how detailed the review is. It made me understand r review of E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I loved the mix of romance and action in his book, although it felt like the book was lacking in the character development area, it was still interesting to read nonetheless. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I love how the couples worked tirelessly to destroy the plans of these terrorists even at the expense of their honeymoon.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

Imagine going on a honeymoon for pleasure then you meet something entirely different than that. I love the story too. I love your review by the way.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

It is nice that the author put the police in a good light. The book seems like a crime thriller anyone would want to read. I am intrigued and would love to read about how things all end. Thanks for this review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

What a funny and interesting way if disrupt a honeymoon. I like reading thrillers. So I think this book won't disappoint me on that. Great review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

How interesting it is for a honeymoon to turn to investigation and all. I like how the team had the love of their country at heart and how they counter the attack.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”