Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Summer Henrietta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In life, there comes a period when the urge to be wild, discover life beyond the myopic view and satisfy one’s self surfaces. Tina Dreffin, in Bluewater Walkabout, writes about her journey to Africa and a sailing adventure she embarks upon with her family.

Bluewater Walkabout is a memoir of 23 chapters containing the struggles, challenges, fears, and worries of an adventurous family. Tina Dreffin, a young woman who just wants to have her dream job to be able to pay her bills, meets Peter, an equally adventurous man who seems to fit into her wild side. They got married and began their adventurous escapades as a couple. The excitement of finally doing one thing she has always loved with the man she loves was enviable. Having two teenage sons with their friends onboard as they travel, things weren’t rosy. They faced different threats from rogue waves and sharks, among other things.

But were they able to overcome this threat? How did they go about solving the different problems they faced? Not to give any spoilers, I would suggest you grab a copy of this adventurous book.

Bluewater Walkabout is a rich story with a detailed description of nature. Putting pen to paper, she poured her heart into a showcase of the beauty of wildlife and nature. I could feel the author’s excitement as she narrated her childhood escapades. The use of flashbacks provided in the book gave me insights into little details that got me a bit confused. The author wrote about how Tina was abused sexually by her first boyfriend and the sexual assault she faced at work. I read about other women who were also molested but refused to speak up due to fear of being mocked and blamed. I commend the author’s courage in writing about her ordeals, as not all women can take that bold step.

The author’s writing style was simple and engaging. Though there were strange languages, the author translated them accordingly. Tina Dreffin used pictures of their journey at the beginning of each chapter, which I commend as it shows authenticity and transparency. I remember shedding a tear when she lost her baby, the trauma she had to go through and when she was diagnosed with cancer. This book was engaging, and I did not find it boring. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as I thoroughly enjoyed it and did not find anything to dislike. I could hear my heartbeat as they journeyed through the sea. I had never been on a boat before; I imagined spending months on the sea, and it seemed unbelievable. I only found one error in this book, so it is safe to say the book was edited by a professional.

I looked forward to the inspirational quotes at the beginning of each chapter. This book contains loads of information about nature, wildlife, and Africa. I recommend it to anyone interested in adventurous books, wildlife, and nature.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

I would like to read this book to learn about their adventures in Africa.I enjoy reading adventurous books. Excellent review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Tina is a strong woman that has undergone a lot in her life. I applaud her on her ability to live with and handle her adrenaline-fueled husband and children. Good review.
Mmeso Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmeso-goodness.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mmeso Goodness »

The author strikes me as very strong woman , having endured all these. I don't think I want to go on voyage too.
Your review was insightful.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I like that the writing style of this book is simple and engaging. I appreciate you for writing this wonderful review. I have been reading your reviews for a while now and I must say they are spectacular. You summarized the book well without giving out spoilers. Kudos!
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

Tina and her family are living their best lives. So much freedom and adventure while learning a lot of things on the process. I enjoyed reading Bluewater Walkabout. Nice review!
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Tina and her family lived a wild and adventurous life, it was really entertain to read about the various escapades they had. Great review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Her past is really emotional. From one case of being unfortunate to the next until she met her love. It's good she was patient so she could spend time with her family and love them and also talk about others who may have gone through the same experience as her. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Nice review great and interesting to read, not just Tina but her whole family is adventurous and I like how the book contains their struggles and fears. Great review
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

I really love this book's storyline. The first thing that intrigued me to this book was the book cover. Your review was well detailed and without spoilers, and it gave me more insight on the book's storyline. Thanks for the great review.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

Tina's adventure was fun to read but what I liked the most is how bold Tina was in sharing her personal stories. It will help a lot of younger girls. The awareness it creates is massive and I appreciate this. I enjoyed reading your review. Keep it up!
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This is amazing. So the whole family is now down for full time adventure? I will love to read this book. Thankfully, it has a simple use of language. Tina sure has faced a lot of challenges while growing and even now. Thanks for this review.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

A lot of factors would motivate me to read this book. I love how sincere your review was. I think she handled her past life as a good strong woman should have done
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html

Post by Success Azuka »

It is funny how a family will spend their fun moments on the sea. Tina is a strong lady I must say. I appreciate people's interest in nature and that was what Tina exhibited here. Thanks for an honest review.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html

Post by Success Azuka »

It is funny how a family will spend their fun moments on the sea. Tina is a strong lady I must say. I appreciate people's interest in nature and that was what Tina exhibited here. Thanks for an honest review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”