Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Judy O »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a children's book by R.F. Kristi. In this book, the eighth installment in the Inca Cat Detectives Series, the author paints a picture of how pets could be more than just our loving companions.

Inca and her siblings, together with their humanoid mom, had just returned from a vacation when their mom was appointed as a judge in a cooking competition to be held in South Korea. This competition's aim was to foster unity as the participants would be from both the North and South parts of Korea. Their mother also sought to use this opportunity to showcase the new cheese she had been working on. However, readers will witness at the airport how the furry family thwarts their mom's rival's attempt to steal the cheese. The furry family would also try to reunite their host, Ye-Jun, with his sister and her pet. Would they succeed before national peace is threatened? I believe there's only one way to find out.

There's one thing I've come to like about the Inca Series: versatility. The author's ability to incorporate new and interesting actions into each installment is beautiful; I believe the audience would have no dull moments with this book. Also, this book showed us a different side of pets we never knew existed. In this book, we see that pets can double as companions and problem-solvers; Inca and company live up to this. Children would also enjoy this book because it has a lot of positive lessons in it. The importance of teamwork, love, obedience, sacrifice and tolerance are all highlighted. In the story, dogs and cats are seen to co-exist in unity, and that is worthy of emulation.

The only thing I'd say I disliked was the snoopy nature of Inca. Although this could be how she gets her info, I don't think it is right. Going through people's things without permission to solve a problem is not a good trait to emulate. Apart from that, the plot, presentation, illustrations, and descriptions were all top-notch. I liked the family tree the author included in the beginning; I believe that it can boldly be said that this book is independent of its prequels. I only came across some errors while I was reading this piece.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula receives a rating of 3 out of 4 stars from me. I'm deducting a star because of the abovementioned negative aspect (Inca's snoopy character). Other than that, this book was an amazing read and a professionally edited piece of work. I recommend it to children from the ages of 5-12 as they would understand the terms used more. It can be read to younger children, though.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

I've been seeing positive comments about this book; seems I'll try to read & recommend it to kids too. I wonder how Inca's trip to the competition would disturb the national peace.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

This book sounds funny to me, Not a big :) fan of cats but incase seems like a pretty interesting cat. I like the way the author used a pet to potray the story, it will draw many kids to getting pets. Great and interesting review
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

A book about cat detectives is not one you stumble upon everyday. I would like to see how Inca and her siblings stop their mum's rival from stealing the cheese. Great review.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This book was fun to read even as an adult. I love how colorful the diagrams were and they will draw the children's attention to it. This is a well-written review. Keep it up!
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

I love the lessons this book has to offer for children. Thank you for your review.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

This is an amazing book that has a lot of lessons one can learn. It's also a good book to develop children's reading ability. Thanks for the review. Pets lovers would enjoy it.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I can't wait to read about this incredible cat and her team. I hope their mum finds her cheese. Great review from you.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Inca and her siblings sound like very helpful pets. Their journey to South Korea must have been very interesting. I will like to know how they united Ye-Jun with his sister. Good review
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

The author has created a beautiful story full of adventure and thrill. Children will definitely fall in love with this story, adults too. Inca and her friends storm South Korea to support their human mum, along the way the come across a situation that requires their help. The detective and her crew are always ready! I loved this book so much. I’m sure many people would too.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This Inca series is indeed versatile. The particular one is even fun to read. I also enjoyed reading this book. The plot is captivating. Nice review you've got here. Well-done.
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chrity Edwin »

This would be a very interesting book to read. I just fell in love with how well detaied your review is. I'm picking up this book to read. Nice review.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I've read the book and I'd say that the language mastery with which you pieced every relevant detail of the book together in the plot summary is excellent. Great review. Your dislike is a bit strange to me though.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

This is a book that will expand and touch on children's curiosity and inquisitiveness. I would surely get one for my kid.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I'm so much looking forward to reading this book. You have taken your time to give a detailed review of this book. After reading this review, my interest became piqued. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”