Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe is a complex book authored by Zarqnon the Embarrassed and illustrated by Frank Louis Allen. Due to the author's love for the abnormalities of life, he chose the name Zarqnon the Embarrassed, but his real name is JW McLaughlin. However, as per his request, I will refer to him as Zarqnon the Embarrassed throughout this review. Zarqnon the Embarrassed asked a question in his author biography that I believe motivated him to write Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe. He asked, according to his author biography, "We know that the universe being "created" designates a "start" point for the secondary timeframe, but does it intuitively consist of an ending point?"

Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe, by Zarqnon the Embarrassed, consists of 49 pages and has over twenty illustrations. In this book, Theodil summons a committee to illustrate the creation of the universe from his point of view by using "dot-like Zots" and "noodle-like Xoodles". By rolling the dice, Theodil created dots in the presence of the committee. Hence, it got the name "dot-like Zots". Likewise, before the committee, Theodil pinched the centre where the "dot-like Zots" distorted, and he pulled. After various phenomena, the "dot-like Zots" were now like noodles. Hence, they were named "noodle-like Xoodles". After the formation of the "noodle-like Xoodles", Theodil was able to create other elements like time, light, gravity, and his universe. At every step of the way, nitpickers tried to criticise and question all that Theodil accomplished. Give the book a try to learn more about the accomplishments of Theodil.

I must say, this is one of the most complex books I've read, and I loved it. Although it was quite a short-paged book, the author, Zarqnon the Embarrassed, was able to get straight to the purpose of the book; the creation of Theodil's universe. I also loved the illustrations done by Frank. I was surprised by how his drawings were able to match the things Theodil explained. Indeed, he is a master at what he does. I particularly like the writing style of the author. I love how, unlike the nitpickers in the committee, there was a child who questioned Theodil to understand him and how the child contributed to Theodil's theory.

There was absolutely nothing to dislike in this book. It had no errors, nor did it have flaws. It is an exceptionally well-edited book. However, if I had to pick one likely complaint, it would be that some words employed in this book won't sit well with some people. Yes, the book is related to science, so understandably, the author would use abstruse vocabulary, but it wasn't necessary in some places. It is possible to simplify words like "exigence," "paradigm," and even "cusp" for easier comprehension.

I wholeheartedly rate this book four out of four stars. Although I listed the abstruse vocabulary as a negative aspect of the book, I did not personally think it was a bad thing; as a matter of fact, I thought it was intriguing. Because I am not the only one reading the book, I included it so that anyone interested in reading it may know what they are getting. Aside from that, the book is quite a fantastic read. Thus, it deserves the rating it got.

I highly recommend this book to fans of science fiction. I also recommend this book to anyone who appreciates complex and thought-provoking works.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I love your review both I saw that this book will be hard to o understand base on the calculations. Great review
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

The book can indeed be referred to as a complex book. However, as you have justice to its negative and positive content, I also like the book. Great review
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Judging by your review, this would be a difficult book to read and understand. You did a good job with the review by the way
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Zarqnon the embarrassed is one author I consider different. I like that he chose writing and he is pursuing it well. Wonderful review Welldone!!!
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is indeed a special style writing, the cover and the title shows the complexity. I salute the review for making it a bit understandable. Good job!
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is indeed a special style writing, the cover and the title shows the complexity. I salute the review for making it a bit understandable. Good job!
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

What a wonderful review, but this is not my type of book nice job
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Zots and Xoodles is a book that is meant for creative mind from an autistic child. This means people living with autism are quite creative and should not be neglected.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Danielzwilly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Danielzwilly »

This my genre type of book and I can't find any other review worth reading compared to this. Awesome review.
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

I read this book last year, such a short but yet complex read. At times I got lost because of the illustration's complexity. Great review by the way.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”