Review of Living in Color

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of Living in Color

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Living in Color" by Mike Murphy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Living in Color by Mike Murphy portrays the undying love story of the couple who shows that love has no boundaries.

Mike is married to Lisa. On one beautiful day, his life changed when she met Margot, and right then, the feeling of connectedness evoke. The feeling was irresistible which made them to meet often. Out of all the conflict, the feeling of love arises, and in the end, made their way legally to be together. Their life run smoothly until Margot diagnosed having a breast cancer, and their "Love Story, In Sickness and In Health" began.

I loved this book. The love story was very inspirational. I liked how Mike delivered the story with conviction. Mike was an example and role model of a good man. My deepest appreciation for him for taking good care Margot in her journey in battling breast cancer. I admired how Margot accepted her disease as a blessing. She described that through her cancer, she was living in color. I was deeply touched by Mike's undying love and support for his wife through all the way in fighting her disease. Mike never expected that their love story evolved more often in hospital rooms and doctor's offices but it didn't take away for them to experienced meaningful life. I feel that Margot was very lucky to have a compassionate and loving husband. I deeply admired that Mike never walked away despite of the struggles and challenges they were facing. I am glad I read this book because it taught me how to appreciate life in the midst of sickness because as a person who is struggling health issue too, I realized it is a blessing, and it made me closer to God as what Margot also described in this book. I am happy that Margot depart in this world peacefully and happily.

Furthermore, Mike Murphy's writing style is simple and basic that any reader will comprehend its message. Also, the book was informative since it contained exact dates. Besides, what makes this book more appealing was the photographs incorporation for the readers benefit. I liked all of Margot's photos because she always smile even in hospital's bed. She always look healthy and happy which shows she is strong. Additionally, the book appears to me exceptionally well-edited, and nothing in this book appears to me dislikable. I was blown away by the story. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I definitely say, I enjoyed reading this book. It was worth it. There's some phrases in this book I wanted to emphasized. They are found in page 114 and page 160 respectively - "Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" ; "We can't control the events in our lives. The only thing we can control is how we choose to respond".

In conclusion, I recommend Living in Color: A Love Story, In Sickness and In Health to all people struggling illnesses particularly breast cancer. Margot's spirit will lighten you, and encourage you to appreciate life more.

Living in Color
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 15 Sep 2022, 21:10
I admired how Margot accepted her disease as a blessing. She described that through her cancer, she was living in color. I was deeply touched by Mike's undying love and support for his wife through all the way in fighting her disease.
I have the utmost respect for such patients who stay strong and don't let the disease bring them down. Also, the way the family members of the patients stand by their loved ones is truly commendable. Thank you for sharing this lovely review, Hazel.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Thank you so much, Nisha, for checking out my other reviews. You don't have to.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

You are most welcome, Hazel. Don't worry about it. I like reading reviews by fellow reviewers and friends. So, why not yours?
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”