Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer is a gripping fictional tale laced with suspense, romance, mystery, and criminality. The author tells the tales of Cynthia, Senator Mike McBride, Glenn, and other amazing individuals. Cynthia serves as Senator Mike McBride's chief investigator and bodyguard. She also works as a secretary, making sure that Senator Mike's political dealings are kept discreet and confidential. A suspicious-looking terrorist drone landed in front of the White House. Cynthia works with her brother Glenn and other computer experts to monitor and investigate this drone. As the story goes on, Cynthia develops feelings for a mysterious man named Sky while still dating Sergeant Dan. What effect will her new romance have on her relationship with Sergeant Dan? Obtain a copy to learn more.

Reading about how Cynthia, Glenn, and the other geeks team up to battle the terrorist organization had me completely engrossed. In the book, the author deftly combines tension, romance, mystery, and criminality. I'm proud of the squad for their unwavering efforts in battling the terrorist organization. The way Cynthia attempts to reconcile her thoughts with the two men in her life is another aspect of the book that keeps me turning the pages. Being exposed to such a lifestyle is exceedingly dangerous for a chief investigator. I relished the book from start to finish. Because of the book's high level of suspense, I find it difficult to put it down. The book provides me with a wealth of knowledge, particularly regarding the methods employed during the investigation. Anyone who reads this book will find it to be both interesting and educational.

The part of the scene where the author explains a helpful theory about birth control and contraception is my favorite. This knowledge appeals to me and is useful. The book gives me a deep insight into cyber war and I find it educative. Having said that, I will state that the author conducted an extensive study before writing this book. I like how she is sufficiently clear about all the medications and their uses in the book. She has excellent writing ability. Another thing I enjoy about her is how she weaves romance and crime together.

I can't honestly claim that I enjoyed the book completely. I didn't like how Cynthia flung herself into the hands of a stranger out of affection. She should have sensed that Sky may be a trap to bring her and the entire team down as the head of an investigation team and the secretary to a significant man who defends the interests of the country. The book appears unrealistic as a result of this. Considering that her lover, Dan, is one of the book's main protagonists, there is also no appropriate resolution to his story. In the book, I was unable to determine his fate. For these reasons, I rate the book three out of four stars.

I must commend the author for her talent in the creative realm. I'll also be grateful to the editor for not having discovered any mistakes in the book. I will remark that the book is exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to fans of romance, mystery, and suspense. They will find it interesting and enlightening.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

This book was an interesting and captivating read. Cynthia's love life sure is complicated. Thanks and great job on the review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Wow I'm happy to have come across this interesting book. Your review is top notch
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This story is intriguing and educational, the plot is well detailed with a lot of suspense, I think it a good read for me especially with insight into cybercrime. Great review! Welldone
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

My favorite character in this book is her brother Glenn. He knew his job and knew how to do it too smart guy. Nice review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I enjoyed this book. However, what I don't like is the ending of the whole story. Cynthia ended up marrying who she just incidentally met, ignoring her first love. Thanks for the great review.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

I've read this book and I share the same resentment with you concerning Cynthia's romantic life.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Just from your review I can tell it's a book full if suspense and your review is interesting too and well detailed and I like that you stated that the book is not just interesting but educational
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

What an excellent review. The author goes into detail about what cyber war is. I really enjoyed your review too. Keep it up.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

I have read this book, and my favorite aspect is the author's descriptive prowess in describing the characters actions
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

The review shows that this book is an interesting one. I will love to read it.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Judging by your review, this book has a lot of excitement to offer. I will give it a read later. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Cynthia and Dan is a captivating story. The love triangle Cynthia is involved in sounds interesting. What will be the outcome? I will add this book to my shelf. Thanks for the excellent review.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

Wow my favourite character In this book is Cynthia. I love her courage to fight the terrorists in the land. Great work done
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I also find the theory about birth control and contraception educative. And am happy about the wise decision Cynthia made concerning it. Thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”