Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Review of Wild World

Post by Famzi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are the police your friends or enemies? To Steve, Roxy, and other college students, the police were their enemy. This was because, during their demonstrations, the police didn't treat them nicely. Referring to Steve and Roxy's relationship, how much can you love someone to forgive them for cheating? These are a few of the issues addressed in the storyline of Wild World, written by Peter S. Rush.

After the killing of some college students, the students went on strike and staged a demonstration. During that demonstration, the police ridiculed them and beat some of them up. Yet for some reason, which you will find out if you read the book, Steve decided to be a policeman. So he applied and was accepted by the Providence Police Department. But he was not liked by some of the other policemen in the department. So they tried to make him quit. They devised so many means to frustrate and accuse him. Would Steve eventually give in to pressure? Would he succeed in accomplishing his reason for joining the police?

Steve, the main character in the book, had attributes I liked and ones I didn't like. He was tenacious. He went through a lot in the police department, yet he did his best to stand firm and not give up. He was kind and caring. I noticed this in the way he handled the high school kids he taught. I didn't like how indecisive he was in his thoughts and actions at times in the book. He loved too deeply. I didn't like it. He changed a major life decision for Roxy, his girlfriend, whom he loved. The characters in the police department were as bad as ever. I was disturbed by the amount of corruption that took place there.

The book, Wild World, had an interesting plot line, but there were things I disliked about it. I was confused most of the time in the book. This was because the author moved from one scene to another without rounding up or properly introducing the next one. I didn't have a clear and good mental image of the characters. They were not well-described by the author at once. I had to piece their features together as I read the book. Except for these, the characters were fascinating enough. The story carried very important messages for people, especially for the police force.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star because I found more than 10 spelling errors in the book. Some people might find themselves sometimes confused by the way the author abruptly began some scenes, just as I did. I recommend this book to those who like reading about the police force, books about justice, and romance novels.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Any upright person always faces challenges in their work. The police must have seen him as a threat. I look forward to reading about how Steve overcomes in his workplace and his relationship.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I have never liked the police. I think like Steve this book might change my perspective. Thanks for the review. I hope the errors don't serve as a deterrent
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This book's plot appears to be intriguing. Police brutality is a problem that affects people all over the world. I'd like to read this book to learn more about Steve. Excellent review.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This book's plot appears to be eye catching. This book also covers some themes that affect society today. It is great to see that awareness is being created. Nice review.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

The book discusses many important themes like police brutality and peer pressure. Another interesting point is forgiving a partner who cheated. This could be an interesting read. Great job.
Faith Peace
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Faith Peace »

Police is suppose to be our friends.What now happens when they become more like enemies than friends to us?The book promises to be interesting.Thanks for the honest review.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I like the character of Steve. I like the way you described him in this review. I also enjoyed reading this review. Congratulations on having your review published. Kudos!
James Nicholas75
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-nicholas75.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by James Nicholas75 »

I love the character, Steve. His tenacity and courage are an inspiration to be firm and resolute towards changing the evils in the society. I hope the author addresses the negative concern raised in this review, which is giving a vivid description of the characters.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I would say police should be my friend. However, reverse is the case these days. I like the role Steve played in this Book.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

The character of Steve is a strong one which I already admire without even reading the book. I wonder if he let the pressure from other police officers get to him. Additionally, the storyline of this book is intriguing. Thanks for the review.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

I love Steve's perseverance. He stood true to his cause, even when his friends seemed to have lost their trust in him.
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

Your first question is WelComing. If I will answer it, I would say they are supposed to be our friends. But as for this book, I don't like that the author did not develop the characters well.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Wow! The book addressed quite a number of themes like Police brutality, and relationship issues. Steve, as the protagonist really went through a lot. I can't wait to read the whole of this story.
Agbata Precious 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Agbata Precious 1 »

I have heard a lot about the circus but have never seen one live. This book showed me a lot about circus life and also addiction. Well, I loved all the characters used in this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”