Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin is a memoir that is centered on various adventures. I have mostly read about adventures related to land and not on the water, but this seems different. It all started with a trip to South Africa with her husband, Peter, and two sons, Warren and Adam, which she dubbed the "South Pacific Expedition." She also explained how she lost Eve, her twenty-two-week-old baby girl, after taking an overdose of chloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, which she mistook for acetaminophen for treating headaches. The author mentioned various rapes and sexual assaults that she encountered. Lessons abound in the author's story. Read this book to uncover them.

Some people come into our lives and give them a positive change. The author did not fail to acknowledge the support of her husband and all that she learned from him. One may not easily understand the title of this book if not closely observed. The title conveys the main concept of what the story is all about.

I acknowledge the boldness and courage of the author to share some of her stories, which included rape and sexual assault when she was young. Her stories are a way of encouraging victims of rape and sexual assault to move on with their lives. One can also learn about the tactics implored by rapists and avoid them. It is a way of sensitizing the masculine gender and the pain they cause the feminine gender when they engage in such atrocious acts. I became reoriented to the pain rape victims go through. That is why the author advised that rape victims should open up and speak out rather than die in silence.

The author pointed out that if we visit foreign countries and learn about their cultures, it will be difficult for countries to break out into war. This is because there is a level of tolerance people possess when they have knowledge of the existence of various cultures and interact with people from various cultures in different countries.

There is nothing about this book that I dislike. I only found one error that implies that it was professionally edited. As a result, I will give it a rating of four out of four stars. I did not find any reason to deduct any stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys adventures in the water. Also, it should be recommended to those seeking to visit South Africa or any other African country, and to both genders, as they will learn how to overcome the trauma associated with rape.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Being a South African I was mesmerized by Tina and her family's crazed adventures to venture arount the atlantic ocean. Such a beautiful memoir.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

Is it possible for one to get healed through traveling? I would like to read this book to discover how true it is.
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

Tina Dreffin is one of my favorite authors to read. Her writing style is very incredible. The way she narrated and described her experience traveling on the bluewater into Africa, made me feel as though I'm on her ship sailing with her and her family.
Blessing onyiyechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-onyiyechi.html
Latest Review: Running into God by Roy M. Oswald

Post by Blessing onyiyechi »

Going on an adventurous journey can be thrilling and exciting. Tina Dreffin's aim was to sail the Pacific ocean. I hope she succeeds in her quest for this.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

This book taught me that a lot can be achieved through adventitious activities. Lessons, discoveries can also be learnt as well as healing from the past.
Thera reads
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

Adventure can also help you appreciate the simple things in life, like a beautiful sunset or a delicious meal.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Bluewater Walkabout" offers a unique perspective on the joys and difficulties of living a nomadic life, providing readers with a sense of wanderlust and adventure.
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mary Bliss »

It's quite interesting how captivating and engrossing a book could be. I would sincerely like to appreciate the author of this book as well as the reviewer who gave this honest review. Kudos.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”