Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in The Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi is a children's book that covers the adventure of Inca and his companions on their trip to Seoul, South Korea. This is the eighth book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat: The Inca Cat Detective Series. It is part of a series but could be read as a stand-alone. There's an introduction to characters in the first part of the book that would help the readers be familiar with the main characters.

Missy, the owner of Inca and his friends, had been selected to be one of the judges in a competition in South Korea. In that competition, she was also given the privileged to present her product. This is the start of their journey. Their entire stay in South Korea is filled with adventure. They also accomplished tasks that would help their mom and their tour guide on that trip. By reading this book, you would find out about exciting missions that Inca and company accomplished during this trip.

There are several reasons to like this book. Since their trip is to South Korea, readers would learn a lot about the said country. The author featured a lot of Korean cultures and even some Korean words with their meanings. I can really say that this book was professionally written because it's obvious that the author did thorough research about Korean cultures; even the smallest details are accurate.

I also enjoyed the pictures inserted from time to time. These pictures would help the children to visualize the scene in their minds. They are also colorful, which would make the attention of the children caught.

However, I found minor errors while reading the book. But these errors are not that frequent, so they didn't affect the flow of the story. For the reasons stated above, I give this book a rating of four out of four stars.

I recommend this book to readers who are looking for a book that would give them enjoyment. I also recommend it to readers who like reading children's books.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natalie Sheph »

It looks like a funny and adventurous book that kids will love. Nice review.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Natalie Sheph wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 04:46 It looks like a funny and adventurous book that kids will love. Nice review.
Thank you for dropping by!
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Wow! Look like we had the same experience reading this book. I enjoyed every bit of the book and think it deserves the maximum rating awarded. Thank you for the review!
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book is on my list, and I can't wait to experience Inca's adventures and learn a little more about the South Korean culture. Thank you for your review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Omega_01 wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 10:05 Wow! Look like we had the same experience reading this book. I enjoyed every bit of the book and think it deserves the maximum rating awarded. Thank you for the review!
Haha, you're right. Thank you for your kind words.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

C Janet wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 13:40 This book is on my list, and I can't wait to experience Inca's adventures and learn a little more about the South Korean culture. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Now I want to read the book because you mentioned South Korea, I'll like to know more about the country but your review is very interesting to read
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Covenant Morolayo Olusegun wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 04:02 Now I want to read the book because you mentioned South Korea, I'll like to know more about the country but your review is very interesting to read
Thank you!
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

I would love to find out more about South Korean culture. And exposing children to different cultures through such books sounds wonderful as well. Thank you for the beautiful review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Inca's adventure In South Korea. It sounds like a wonderful book for kids and also I really like it's cover art. Thank you for the good review!
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Kavita Shah wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 09:13 Inca's adventure In South Korea. It sounds like a wonderful book for kids and also I really like it's cover art. Thank you for the good review!
Thank you for commenting.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a wonderful children's book and an interesting way to learn about South Korea. I think it is something that a child would enjoy reading. Thank you for your interesting and informative review!
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:21 This sounds like a wonderful children's book and an interesting way to learn about South Korea. I think it is something that a child would enjoy reading. Thank you for your interesting and informative review!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

This book seems to be really famous in obc. Your review corresponds with other reviews that I have seen about the book. Good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”