Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elizabeth Humberstone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-humberstone.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

Post by Elizabeth Humberstone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)" by Alex Zadeh.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dark Matter Empire (book 1) by Alex Zadeh follows the story of Ryan Stathis, a military aircraft designer, as he is abducted by an alien spaceship. The ship takes him through a wormhole to a part of the universe controlled by the Empire. Once he goes through the wormhole it deactivates and the Empire hunts him trying to take a piece of Earthan technology they believe controlls the wormhole. Ryan must learn to operate alien technology as well as navigate new worlds and trust new friends.

Zadeh's writing style is unique and reads a lot like watching someone play a video game and although confusing at first I soon got used to the physics of the book. His portrayl of alien life and evolution was sonething I found refreshing.

Dark Matter Empire has some typos and grammatical errors but the size of each page is not uniform throughout the book. Pages range from 30 to 40 lines each with seemingly no reason. I found some of the technology confusing, some things seemed to be over symplified and repetitively explained, while others the reader is given little to no explanation. This is similar to some of the aliens in the book. Zadeh sometimes has an overly complicated writing style with many double negatived and sentences that are grammatically correct but could have been written in a much simpler way. The book also fails the bechdel test with only two female characters with speaking roles.

I rate this book two out of four stars mainly because of the inconsistant writing style and errors.

I believe this book will be good for teenagers with a general knowledge of aircrafts. This book contains graphic violence and strong language that would not be suitable for younger readers.

Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

This looks like a sci-fi book that would be interesting to read. The author needs to do something about the errors discovered. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I read another review of this book that referred to reading this as like watching a video game. Hmmmmm. Anyway, the whole using existing technology and learning some new really piqued my interest.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”