Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donald Kelvin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Donald Kelvin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. & Alexandra Gold, M.A. is a non-fictional work written to give its readers insight and, where necessary, a reprieve from two underlying causes of disease and discomfort in our society. Everyone knows what stress and anxiety are all about. Most people resort only to modern medicine for relief, even when more natural and simpler methods exist. This book aims to teach its readers these simple and natural methods.

This book begins with definitions of the meaning of stress and anxiety, looking at its causes and symptoms. Readers would see that some conditions they had earlier tagged as grave and unexplainable may have been related to this insidious pair. Next, the authors go into major details, discussing some major ways to relieve this stress, like breathing and behavioural exercises, meditation, physical activities, e.t.c. Natural ingredients like tea, essential oils and vitamins would also be considered. The different ways in which these methods can help are discussed in detail. Read on to get more details about overcoming stress and anxiety in a more natural, healthier, and cost-effective way.

I believe it is important that everyone read a book like this at a certain point in time. Although stress and anxiety may affect adults more, I think teenagers experience their fair share of it too. It is also destructive to these teenagers because they may be influenced to use drugs to regulate it, leading to addiction. However, if knowledge from this book were available to everyone, we would all see that it is not always necessary to pop pills, as there are simple things we could do to relieve ourselves. I have to commend the authors for their dedication to this topic, as is visible in the extensive research they carried out before beginning this topic. They not only gave us natural remedies but explained them and gave alternatives to each. It is simply beautiful work. I also appreciated the brief story; I'm sure other readers would feel the same. A book containing important information always appeals more when made brief.

In itself, this book was good. I'm sure it would be beneficial to a lot of people. However, I had an issue with it; it had a lot of complex terms. A book like this is supposed to have a glossary to help a simple reader understand some of the complex health terms used in it, but it lacked this. These terms could be a turn-off for some readers.

Another thing I didn't like about the book was that it lost its interesting and relatable beginnings and progressed mechanically. Towards the end, it felt like the remedies were just research jottings. This was a turn-off because I found it monotonous and boring. I spotted two errors while reading, but I believe this book was professionally edited. For the reasons highlighted above, I'd have to reduce my rating. Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress receives a rating of 3 out of 4.

I'd recommend this book to audiences interested in non-fiction works. Adults and older teens enthusiastic about learning better ways of living can also pick up this book. I believe it is certainly worth the time that will be spent on it.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Your review is interesting to read and yes i agree with you, teenagers experience their own fair share of stress, and truly, they use drug to regulate it.. Great review, welldone
Dgamelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgamelaw.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dgamelaw »

This is a well-written review. It contains no spoilers and I'll love to read this book.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

I'd love to learn better ways of living. This book would be of great help to me. Thank you for the insightful review. I now have an idea of tlwhat the book entails.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

The word "stress" and its effects has become so common in our societies than some may even see it as normal or a result of hard work and slowly its killing people especially those who can't afford or don't know how to relieve stress. This book is really helpful and engaging as it solves a grave societal problem. Your review is straightforward and does well to deliver the needed information to motivate a potential reader. Thank you.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

This book is a practical guide for everyone. This review was well written and interesting, keep it on.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This book defines the meaning of stress and anxiety, and its causes and symptoms. The author made sure to use simple language so as to communicate easily to the readers. Nice review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

The title of the book already has the attention of the audience. As someone who is not a fan of modern medicine and really dread having to take them when needed. I believe this book is a book for me and anyone like me. Thanks for the review.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Stress and anxiety are major problems a lot of us battle. The authors lists ways that we can be able to deal with it. Thanks for the review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This book sounds very helpful. Anxiety and stress are very common. So I agree with you that people should read a book like this sometimes. Great review.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

It seems like everyone would enjoy reading this book. In the globe, a lot of people experience stress. I don't want to miss this book because I suffer from stress as well. Excellent review.
Marybreda reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybreda-reads.html
Latest Review: Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs by Denny Hatch

Post by Marybreda reads »

These days a lot of people are faced with stress and anxiety and don't know how to handle it. I believe this book has a lot of help to offer. Nice review.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

Stress and anxiety are now even common among youths and young people, so I'll say this is a timely book. The only but I see in this book is the lack of a glossary for medical terms.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

Natural ways to relieve stress have been the way I employed by me for some time now. It's easy and with no side effects.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

From the review, it is evident that the author went all in to teach and expose lots of health tips to readers. I like that she mentioned that everything, including the type of food we eat and lotions we use affects us. Thanks for an educating review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”