Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donald Kelvin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Donald Kelvin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The knowledge of physics has always been one of the bedrocks of science. It has tried to explain many things over the years, one of these being creation. There have been many scientific hypotheses on creation, along with biblical ones. In this book, Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed, the readers will see another version of creation told by Theodil, the protagonist.

Theodil is portrayed as an inventor. He enters the crowd to present the results of his experiments and observations. Theodil begins by creating "Zots"(dot-like particles that would represent the basis of all other creations). By intertwining and configuring these dot-like Zots, Theodil is able to create "Xoodles." He continues like this, going on to create light and time through particular permutations of the Xoodles. Read on to know more about these permutations and the audience's opinions on his creation.

It is nice to read books that have a specific storyline and stick to it. I liked how the author arranged his thoughts carefully, ensuring that he kept the book brief in the process. The conciseness of this book was much appreciated considering the topic on which it was centered. I have to commend the author's imaginative dexterity for being able to produce this work. The author used the concepts of "Zots" and "Xoodles" to explain the basis of creation, which is just impressive. I also liked the fact that the book contained few characters; this ensured the specificity of the contents of the plot as it pertains to creation. My favorite character was the child who, at every turn, never ceased to display intelligence in the way they replied to the crowd.

There were a few things I didn't like about this book. The first would be how hard it was to comprehend the story. Although the book was concise, it was difficult for me to grasp the story in one read; I had to reread it to stay afloat with the story and its plot. Another was the illustrations; they were actually challenging to understand as opposed to the help they were supposed to render to the writing. For these reasons above, I'd have to deduct a star. This book receives a rating of 3 out of 4 from me.

The fact that the book had no errors was something I enjoyed. It was an exceptionally well-edited piece. Audiences who fancy physics, sci-fi, and creation tales would surely enjoy this.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

On first glance, I thought this book would be hard to comprehend but your review says otherwise. Using dots to illustrate the basis of creation is quite impressive. Great review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Feels a bit tricky. What is Theodil trying to accomplish with his experiment? I enjoy the author's complex story. Like his name, they are quite unique and need critical attention and thinking. I'll take up this book as you've suggested.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I have carefully read this review of yours and all I can say is that it is amazing! I like how you analysed this book. This review has made know the things to expect from this book. Thank you so much for sharing such an honest review.
Onumere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onumere.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onumere »

There have been many hypotheses regarding creation indeed.i think am used to that of the Bible and the big bang . I will like to know the author's perspective as regards creation in this book.thanks for the honest review.
Dgamelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgamelaw.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dgamelaw »

I love this review. It contains no spoilers and I'll love to read this book.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

It is true that the existence of life puzzles many. But I strongly in creation. While this may deter me from reading this book, I am curious about this zots and xoodles you mention. Great review
Marybreda reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybreda-reads.html
Latest Review: Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs by Denny Hatch

Post by Marybreda reads »

I enjoy sci-fi a lot and I feel I can learn a lot from them.This book has a very interesting plot and I would definitely love to read it. Good job on your review.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This seems like an amazing book to read. I would love to learn of Theodil's creation despite the seemingly difficult illustration in this book.
I would certainly give this book a try
Nice review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

A complex story but it would be great if read among friends since this is a thought-provoking narrative. This book was clearly considered including each words. Thanks for the review.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

A book about creation according to physics? wow! I would most certainly like to read this book in order to learn more about the theories and procedures created by Theodil. I appreciate your frank review.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I like the conciseness of the book. I would really love reading this book. Thank you for providing an informative review if this book. By the way, I really enjoyed reading this review.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

I've seen different versions of hypotheses on creation, I hope to learn about Theodil's version too.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

Sounds complex but stimulating. I've seen different versions of hypotheses on creation, I hope to learn about Theodil's version too.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

This book will be a complex one to read, especially the ones involving physics. I guess people not scientifically inclined can't read it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”