Review by Bertha Jackson of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Review by Bertha Jackson of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Scott Hughes (Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is his penname) is a thought-provoking, non-fiction book demonstrating how everyone is united if we believe in truth. Suffering is part of our lives, and as we grow older and accomplish our goals, we find that we are still not satisfied with our accomplishments. We live in a world of abundance with advanced technology that allows us to travel to the moon, yet children are dying of starvation. We have excuses why we allow children to starve, such as we need to spend our money on alcohol, cigarettes, jewelry, and cars, to name a few. Thousands of children and other humans die in wars. Why does following the Golden Rule of "Treat others how you want to be treated" not work? Do humans even exist? What defines the real you? Do you know what love is? These are just a few topics that Scott Hughes discusses in this book as he tears the reader apart and puts them back together again to have a happier life with more spiritual freedom. What does that mean? This book will answer these questions and more.

The most positive aspect of this philosophical book is that Scott Hughes made me think about my actions. For example, the subject of starving children made me think of how much food I throw away after every meal. If I cooked only the food needed, I could save more money and help hungry people. Scott's humor in writing this book kept it from becoming too tense or monotonous. A few examples are when he states, "Book is over. Just kidding," his use of metaphors in describing humans as vampires, werewolves, zombies, and dragons, and referring to "your lizard brains." There are many more. Scott does not push his personal beliefs in this book because the truths he discusses are universal and not based on personal views. I liked his comparison of an alcoholic's struggles to the cycles of a washing machine. This book contains a lot of quotes, but the one that struck me the most was "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle," by Rev. Dr. John Watson. This quote remains steadfast in our world today. The author does a great job drawing physics, metaphysics, and philosophy together. There are eleven suggestions to improve your life. He uses bold print and italics within the standard text to show emphasis and quotes.

I did not find any negative aspects in this book. Scott Hughes has made this book valuable to many readers by discussing such topics as self-discipline, self-hate, self-love, temptations, dieting, inner peace, unconditional love, marriage, divorce, evil, resentment, forgiveness, and karma, to name a few. I read the EPUB version, and I did not find any issues with the formatting.

This book has been exceptionally well edited, and I am honored to give it 4 out of 4 stars. There is no reason for me to give this book a different rating because my interest was grabbed at the beginning and continued throughout. I had to keep reading to find out what words of wisdom I would read next.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy philosophical books discussing life and their personal impact on the world around them. Readers who do not like what they see when they look in the mirror will benefit from reading this book. I know I sure did. I will caution sensitive readers that this book contains a small amount of non-borderline profanity.

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble (Hardcover) | on Barnes and Noble (Nook)

Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Zainab Wasif »

Seems like a thought provoking read. In spite of medical and technological advancements, some people are still suffering. Everyone is struggling in some respect. The author suggests ways to improve life and adds humour to keep it engaging and minimise some gloom. Thanks for a detailed review!
Sabrina Summers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sabrina Summers »

Sounds like a deep book but I'm happy that the writer adds his humor. So the book doesn't become too depressing and sad. I also like the author compares things to supernatural monsters or animals lol.
RonnyCollins27
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: complex PTSD Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronnycollins27.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by RonnyCollins27 »

I enjoyed reading this review; I can’t wait to read the book. I believe we can all use a reality check, to reign ourselves in and take accountability for what we put out into the world. This book sounds like something so many should, or need to read, in order to relearn “treat others the way you want to be treated” lesson.
Daniel Banguwiha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Daniel Banguwiha »

Great book I surely interested by philosophical philosophical ideas. Nice review
letinay91
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letinay91.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by letinay91 »

Sounds like an interesting read. I love down-to-earth, thought-provoking stories that manage to remain lighthearted and fun. Some good writing and a sprinkling of profanity here and there is my perfect cup of tea 🤣 😉
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t usually like books such as this. In fact, I usually pass them by on principle, but I have seen this elsewhere and was curious. I enjoy books that inject humor into more serious subjects.
Le-nic Pretorius
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

Hi! I enjoyed reading your review. I would love to read Scott’s book when I have the time! I believe love and kindness are key to our survival in this world. It costs nothing to show kindness to others.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I am not a huge philosophy reader, although it sounds like this book will keep you mesmerized throughout while reflecting on your own life, as well as those around you! The review is very well written and captures the attention of the readers to the details in the book. Thank you!
Edith Njomo
Currently Reading: Kiss of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith-njomo.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Edith Njomo »

All reviews written by Betha are simply in a whole new level. They are detailed to the point with no exaggeration. I appreciate Scott's ideologies as it is not everyone who partakes humans as one. I love the book already can't wait to read it.
Tlhabaki Modise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tlhabaki Modise »

Interesting read and inviting review, which opens up the writer's purpose of inspiring others and his adjudication on matters that makes and bind us together as human beings.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

Your review is detailed, comprehensive and enjoyable to read. Thanks for the glowing recommendation.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thanks for another great review. You made it sound like an exciting book to read. We will all be able to get it soon and maybe have help answering the so many questions we have. Sometimes life just doesn't make sense to me, but I keep trying to figure it out.
noelhope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelhope.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by noelhope »

I loved the quote "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" by Rev. Dr. John Watson. Everyone should be reminded of this. Great and well detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”