Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kelly Mcbride and Sgt. Tom Turbulo, Carson City Police Department Cop, had recently married and were on their honeymoon at Barefoot Sands Resort and Spa, Shoreline Road, Honduras. Kelly took a trip around the island one day. Kelly came upon a bogus gift shop where she meant to buy gifts for her nephew. Kelly had just entered a terrorist zone, unbeknownst to her. Fortunately, Kelly was able to flee her attacker's clutches the first time.

Kelly and her recently wed husband discovered that the terrorists had a plan in motion to fire a weapon with the potential for mass destruction against the United States. The pair is joined by additional American operatives and officials who can stop these terrorist activities. Read Dorothy May Mercer's E M P Honeymoon for more information on this endeavor.

I can confidently assert that Dorothy May Mercer is an unbeatable writer and author having read both her previous work and this one. Every time, the first book is superior to the second. Her works are always a delight to read because of how simple it is to conjure up an image of the settings, people, and events described in the story as a result of her detailed and vivid depiction of the narrative. The fact that Dorothy is well-versed in the operations and activities of the FBI lends the novel a more professional air.

The fast-paced nature of Dorothy's works is one of my favorite things about them. Best assume that some ominous activity or activities are already in the works as early as the first chapter. All of the characters in this book were captured because the book is written in the third person. When I was reading the book, I had the impression that I was amid a dust-gathering windstorm. And the dust particles didn't settle until after the windstorm passed. Similar to this novel, the many activities and the suspense didn't end until the book was finished. I loved reading it. The variety of themes, which included some romance and amusing banter, was excellent. Despite being part of a series, this book can be read as a standalone.

This book was so great that I couldn't think of anything I hated or even considered criticizing about it.

Additionally, I didn't detect any grammatical or typographical issues when I was reading this book. It is, in my opinion, well-edited. As a result, I rate E M P Honeymoon 4 out of 4 stars.

This is a brilliant book with lots of action, humor, and a bit of romance therefore I recommend it to new and young adults, lovers of romance-comedy, and thriller readers.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

The book with lots of action and humor can be very interesting. :D

Thank you for great review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I put off reading this novel for quite some time because the cover didn't really interest me. Then I read some reviews of it and was convinced. I'm glad I did because it was a lot of fun. She obviously did lots of research before writing.
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Harmony, Florida - Living with Nature in a New Town by Anthony James Catanese, Ph.D., FAICP
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

I'm currently reading this book and I love the fact that the author explains the scientific aspects of the story so easily. Thank you for your review!
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Donald Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Post by Donald Kelvin »

I certainly would like to know what Kelly found in the gift shop and how they along with the American operatives plan to stop the terrorists and save the country. Thanks for the amazing review.
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

Obviously, there are ways terrorism could take place, but I never thought it could happen through cyber.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

What an action-packed honeymoon🤓. I think I'll have to read this book. I love how Kelly & Tom's honeymoon became a mission.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I'm impressed to see that you didn't dislike anything about this book. The book has an interesting storyline and plot that I would like to explore. You have given a wonderful review. Nice one.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I couldn't put this book down. The pacing is perfect, and the plot twists are mind-blowing. An outstanding addition to the apocalyptic thriller genre.
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

Dorothy's fast-paced style captivates from the first chapter. The third-person narrative, akin to a whirlwind, maintains suspense throughout. With diverse themes and standalone potential, it's a delightful read.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

EMP Honeymoon's setting and premise are refreshingly original. The newlyweds' struggle to survive an EMP event adds a unique twist to their romantic adventure.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”