Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Roderick Voss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is the eighth book in the Cat Detectives series. The plot follows Inca and her team on their adventures in the Korean Peninsula.

Inca, Fromage, Cara, Monk, Charlotte, Terrance, and Polo make up the detective agency. The detective agency is led by Inca. They all collaborated to solve any mystery using everyone's ideas. Inca and her team were overjoyed to learn that they would be flying to South Korea with Missy, their humanoid mother. Missy was selected to judge the French patisserie competition. She also sees it as a chance to debut her new cheese. When they arrived in South Korea, they met their tour guide, Ye-Jun, who took them to his home for the duration of their visit. Inca and her team discovered that Ye-Jun lived with his dog, Baram. Inca and Terrance once asked Baram who the kitten in the painting was. That was Bo-Mi, according to Baram. They noticed Ye-Jun had been separated from his sister, Ji, who had traveled to North Korea with Bo-Mi to visit their relatives and had never returned due to the Korean Peninsula's restriction issues. Get this book to learn how Inca and her team attempt to solve the mystery.

This is an intriguing book that introduces the reader to a team of animals that solve mysteries. For me, there were many positive aspects to this book. The point of view from which the story was told was appealing to me. It simplifies the plot and allows the reader to get to know the book's various characters. The author did an excellent job of developing characters with whom the reader could empathize. Every single character was fantastic. The images in this book help the reader visualize the appearance of these characters, making the storyline very intriguing.

Despite the author's excellent writing style and tone, I found some words difficult for children to understand. On the other hand, some of the words in this book will help children expand their vocabulary and learn how to spell. This was the only flaw I discovered in the book. Only the book's cover is appealing, and the fun scenes inside are entertaining to read about. This book also had a realistic setting, which gave me a better understanding of the Korean Peninsula.

This book was free from grammatical errors because it was exceptionally well-edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy both children's books and thrillers. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Cat Detective series.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bezekasia23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bezekasia23.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Bezekasia23 »

I liked this review. It drew me in without giving out any spoilers. The writing pattern is clear, making it easy to read. I can't wait to read this book.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I have heard so much about this book. It sounds really interesting. I would like to read how these animals went about being detectives. Great review.
Dgamelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgamelaw.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dgamelaw »

I love this review. It contains no spoilers. I also like the storyline of this book. It is one of my favorite books.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

Inca is completely focused on her work. Her enthusiasm piqued my interest in this book. Your review was also free of spoilers. It was well written and understandable. Excellent work.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

There were many positive aspects to this book which are beneficialto the growth of the children. The point of view from which the story was told was interesting. Nice review.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

The illustrations in this book make it easier for the reader to picture how these characters look, which adds to the intrigue of the plot. This is one feature of the novel that appeals to readers of all ages.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The author made this book interesting and enjoyable to read by including all of the features that any children's book can have, but I agree with you about the book's flaw. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

The point of view and pictures are what makes this book perfect and easy to read.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

This book has many positive aspects like the photos, smooth dialogue, and fun filled adventure. Nice review.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

This book is a fun read. The only flaw is it use of big grammars. Children might find it hard to understand but they will definitely remember the plot.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

A group of animals that cares for their humanoid mom and tries to do good all the time. This is a nice review children will learn moral lessons from.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

The pictures in this book are what makes this book a fantastic children's book.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I really enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. This book would be fun to read. I can't wait to get started. One of the best kids book by far.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

Mystery books for kids can be informative and educational while still being fun to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”