Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Roderick Voss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa is an emotional memoir about the author's and her family's sailing adventures. The author discusses her life before and after she began sailing. Tina Dreffin wrote this heartfelt memoir.

The book begins by explaining how the author became addicted to adventures and how she found a family who shared her adventure dreams. She tells the story of how, after many emotional traumas, she finally met the love of her life, Peter. Adam and Warren, their two sons, join them on their sailing adventures. The author also describes her depression as a result of insults and blame from a friend, Jane, for her unborn daughter's death. In Africa, there is widespread concern about wild animal attacks, increased criminal activity, and disease outbreaks. The author travels with her family to South Africa, Namibia, and other islands. On their adventures, they witnessed many exciting events. The author also discusses other heartwarming events, including how she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I was drawn in by the author's intriguing story. After reading this book, I now understand why people go on vacation to maintain their mental health. This book expresses themes such as grief, love, depression, and hope, allowing the reader to identify the author's emotions in response to specific events. The author's writing style and tone already provide the reader with an emotional experience. I liked how the author told her story from her perspective. To keep the plot moving and the dialogue flowing, she alternated between flashbacks and present-day scenes. The plot was true to life because the author included exciting events, setbacks, and relationships that she and her family encountered on their adventures. I appreciated how the author illustrated her stories with adventure photographs, which added to the book's authenticity. The idea of beginning each chapter with an incredible quote was inspiring.

I didn't notice anything negative about this book. This book was written not by an author but by a fighter. Despite numerous emotional traumas, she beat cancer and went on to write books about her family's adventures. She explains the significance of having an adventure at least once in our lives, as well as the positive impact it can have on our lives.

I'm rating this heartfelt memoir 4 out of 4 stars. This book was professionally edited. I discovered a few grammatical errors in it. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy memoirs and adventure stories.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Do you know what I like about Tina? She has this deceiving vulnerable outlook, yet is a very strong woman. You can only deduce this when you know what she had passed through in life and survived. Great review.
Bezekasia23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bezekasia23.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Bezekasia23 »

I agree with your thoughts on Tina, she's a very strong woman. It takes strength to talk about your problems like she did.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

The author's book is an intriguing story. Reading this book, will show that people should go on vacations to maintain their mental health.
Dgamelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgamelaw.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dgamelaw »

I enjoyed reading your review. It seems we both agree to a few things in this book. I felt emotional while reading this book and i also didn't notice anything negative about the book.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This indeed was a heartfelt memoir. Tina indeed is a fighter for her to survive all those trauma. Reading this book motivated me a lot. I also enjoyed the exciting adventures of this book.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

An adventure filled book with love of emotions and themes. This is a memoir about the author's life. A wonderful summary.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

It's a relief to read memoirs and gain insights into the author's life. The book is motivating. Thank you so much for this wonderful review.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

The author use sailing as a method of healing from her trauma but during this sailing adventure the author and her family felt more crazy and fun experience.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

A book that highlights more about exploring the world and healing from your traumas through sailing.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

Memoir are all about experiences and lessons. The author sounds like a strong woman who have been through a lot. I will like to know how adventure help her overcome her difficulties.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

The pictures and quotes are what I enjoyed about reading this book. A good review.
Ritalee1
Currently Reading: Chromatophobia
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritalee1.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ritalee1 »

This memoir is a touching and inspiring story of perseverance and survival. The author, Tina, showcases her fighting spirit throughout the book. Reading it was a source of motivation for me, and I also enjoyed the thrilling experiences it depicted
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

I liked how the author illustrated her stories with adventure photographs, which added to the authenticity of the book. The idea of starting each chapter with an amazing quote was inspiring. All these features are what makes memoir a fantastic memoir.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

When you're on an adventure, every day can feel like a new opportunity to learn and grow.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”