Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of Final Act

Post by Chinenye Sus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The highest form of unpredictability occurs when determining how long a person will live or when exactly a person will die. Could you just take a moment to think of what the implications would be if humans could accurately predict the time of death without any underlying detrimental condition? The implications are reflected in the sci-fi novel, Final Act by Van Fleisher.

Dr. Vijay Patel has created something spectacular and it is called the VT2 watch. This is no ordinary fancy watch but one which has special qualities of analyzing body and blood content and properties to accurately predict a wearer’s time of death. The watch was invented for the VitalTech company, which Dr. Vijay Patel is no longer an owner of. The creation of this watch, however, brings more harm than good as people utilize the chance to commit all sorts of bad things as they now know when to die and have nothing to lose. As the creator of this watch, Dr. Vijay Patel has to take responsibility and team up with others to combat the menace that has occurred following the invention of the VT2 watch.

This is a very interesting book. I have not read the first book in the series associated with this book, as this is not book one, but I understood every bit of it without question. It has a standalone plot. The storyline of the book is mouthwatering. It has originality. Most sci-fi books always have one general idea or similar plot constructs, but this book did not follow the same norm. I loved the plot’s originality. I mean, what does someone think about the idea of creating a watch that predicts the time of death? It is just spectacular. Another spectacular thing I loved about the storyline of the book is the violence that followed after the watch was created and utilized. This is in line with what is likely to happen if such a thing comes into existence in the world today. This gave the book a real-life setting.

This book is almost perfect for me, but there is only one thing I did not like, and that is my personal opinion. I feel like the storyline lacks depth. I mean, the plot idea is out of this world. The writer has to take advantage of this and explore it. I feel like expanding the idea was shallow. It should not have been confined to people killing, committing crimes, and settling all sorts of grudges and issues. However, it is a nice novel. The fictional beings used in the book were developed well.

There is no reason for me not to give this book the best rating ever. I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. It was also exceptionally and professionally edited. I did not encounter any errors when reading the book. My recommendation of Final Act by Van Fleisher is to everyone who loves and enjoys reading sci-fi novels.

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

As the plot unfolds, the tension mounts, and the stakes skyrocket. It's a race against time, with the fate of humanity hanging in the balance.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

Van Fleisher's ability to balance action-packed scenes with moments of introspection is commendable.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

"Final Act" presents a riveting exploration of the psychological effects of living with knowledge of one's death.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Esther ekunola
Bookshelf Size: 36
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

The last book of the amazing author Van Fleischer series of the final Chance is rather exquisite. This last book called Final Chance gives us an overall view of all that President Bo Sanders has to put up with during the year 2066.

The past few years have not been peaceful for the entire world. From COVID-19 to COVID- 25 and all the other changes that have left earth unrecognizable. Global warming at it's peak. Diseases unmentioned or unheard of kill the innocent even kids. Earth has become really a pigsty with nothing that can be controlled including it's own people.

The VT2 watch and its exceptional predictive qualities has lead the world to a society of seniors passing down revenge just before they die. Causing a society of violence among the angry . Alek one of the inventors of the watch wanted to add a feature on it to makes calls to anyone without anyone noticing but simply your brain activating all of it. This lead to Aleks 17 year old daughter to advance it to a VT5 advanced version. This causes more complications than good.

This book has a totally different tone to it . Very calm and most of the book is narrated with less live characters. This was rather disappointing and I was not satisfied. It had a political jargon and tone to it throughout and because of this I found it annoying. A not impressive close to the sequel. A 2 out of 5 from me for that.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”