Review of Waterworks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of Waterworks

Post by E Daves »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Waterworks by Jack Winnick is a thriller with lots of action and fascinating scenes. The storyline was well organized, and every character in this book was well developed.

When this story starts, we encounter Eddie, a lab assistant at what he refers to as "the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power." Meanwhile, in the middle of a vacation, two lovers, Lara and Uri, get an urgent call from Bret Williams, an FBI operative. There was a problem with the water filtration plant in Los Angeles. Panic was rising in the nation because animals and birds assumed to have consumed the water were dying off. A lot of scientific research was carried out on the water to detect any form of poisoning, but there were no effective results. Fortunately, on further examination, the radioactive element polonium was detected.

There are some things that I loved about this book. First, Waterworks is Winnick's fifth book in the Lara and Uri series, but you don't need to read the previous ones first because it can be read as a stand-alone novel. Actually, this is the first book in the series I'm reading, and it seems like I didn't even miss a thing. That is how good the author is. I admire the author's creativity and intelligence. This book was fast-paced, and the author took time to explain every scene in detail. This book evaluated several places, which stoked my interest in it.

Patriotism was the theme that stood out most for me in this book. I know the world has many catastrophes, but we can all help fight this problem. Consider a scenario in which we all set our differences aside and work to improve our relationships with one another. Patriotism is something I quickly took from this book. Lara and Uri didn't mind giving up their comfort zones to help their country. This attribute is quite commendable.

I want to mention that the first thing that attracted me to this book was the book's cover. It is bright and beautiful. The title of the book also fits it. I would like to commend whoever is the brain behind this book's cover. The person did a fantastic job. Honestly, there was nothing I disliked about this book. I had an amazing time reading it and will gladly rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to adults who love thrillers and books with action. I will also recommend it to readers who are interested in espionage and spy books. The book was exceptionally well edited, as I did not encounter any errors when I read it.

Waterworks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I like this book's cover. I agree that is attractive and as it has attracted me, I know it will attract many readers as well. I also appreciate that the book can be read as a standalone despite being in a series. I enjoyed reading this review. Nice one!
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I like this book's cover. I agree that is attractive and as it has attracted me, I know it will attract many readers as well. I also appreciate that the book can be read as a standalone despite being in a series. I enjoyed reading this review. Nice one!
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

The Lara and Uri series has a lot of interesting, action-packed books in it and Waterworks doesn't fall short. From what I've gathered, it's the kind of book I'd read on a holiday. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This series is one of my favorites. The characters and their actions are very believable. The heroes really work for the good of the American people.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Wow! I like the storyline of this book. I also like that it can be read as a standalone even though it is in a series. I'm glad I encountered vthis review. I really enjoyed reading this review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I love reading thrillers and this book seems like a good one. I love the storyline and I'm so interested in the book. Thank you for your recommendation. I am adding this book to my bookshelf immediately!
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Amy Luman wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 06:31 This series is one of my favorites. The characters and their actions are very believable. The heroes really work for the good of the American people.
If this series is one of your best, that means it must be very nice. I would love to read this series. I hope I love it as much as you guys loved it. I'm excited! I look forward to when I will get the opportunity to read it.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

I enjoy reading books laced with actions and suspense like this. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Nice review tho.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

The book cover of Waterworks by Jack Winnick is really beautiful, as you mentioned. This book review is incredibly well-written and provided a detailed summary of the story. It piqued my curiosity and made me want to read the book for myself. The reviewer also included their own insights and opinions on the book, which added a personal touch to the review. I greatly enjoyed reading the review and would be interested in reading more reviews from this particular reviewer.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

Wow, this review really made me want to read Waterworks! The author did an amazing job at creating a thrilling and captivating story, and I love that the theme of patriotism was so prominent. I'm also impressed by the cover, and it's great to know that it's a stand-alone novel so I don't need to read any of the other books in the series first. I'm definitely adding this book to my reading list and I can't wait to read it!
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I absolutely agree with this review! It was so well written and gave me a great insight into the book. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book and seeing how the characters develop. I'm also excited to explore the theme of patriotism and how it is portrayed in the book. Plus, I love the cover! It looks so beautiful and the title is perfect.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

I wholeheartedly concur with this review! It was extremely well written and provided me with valuable context for the book. Seeing how the characters change and grow as I read this novel is absolutely something I'm looking forward to. I'm also eager to examine the book's treatment of the patriotism subject. I also adore the cover! The title is perfect, and it has such a lovely appearance.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I must say you did a good job with this review. I enjoy series like this as well. I will like to read more of the series. Thanks for your review.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Jack Winnick is a great writer and I appreciate how creative he is in writing the Lara and Uri series. I enjoyed reading your review too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”