Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Gallardo
Currently Reading: Murder in the Garbage
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-gallardo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Victoria Gallardo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement – Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger is one of the most outstanding books I have ever read. It is a realistic crime novel that dives deep into the valid back story of the characters, the crimes, and their lives after that.

There are so many good things about this book! The overarching theme of entanglement is explained quite well. To truly understand the book, one does not need an in-depth understanding of physics, much less quantum physics.

If you enjoy a different point of view, then this is also the book for you! Each chapter clarifies what person the perspective is in and shifts to multiple with each event. So, the reader sees what each character is thinking, doing, and saying during the event.

Besides that, the author was quite descriptive and quite robust in his vocabulary throughout the book. For example, they used the word “obsequious” instead of something simpler, like fawning. A more advanced speech gives the reader a more literary and mature feeling. Such language is used when describing what is occurring, making John K Danenbarger a master of showing and not telling.

And that’s not adding to the fact that the collective protagonists are all dynamic characters who change for the better or worse as they age. Due to the book progressing through a considerable period, the protagonists undergo many life events, which makes sense. It makes the characters more dynamic and relatable, as some of their struggles and experiences are things people go through—for instance, issues with family and romantic relationships. Most everyone has had such problems, so the inclusion in the story gives it more of a slice-of-life feel.

Honestly, there is nothing I did not like about the book. It was that great. Yet, some might dislike that some of the characters were not likable or were included with little relevance to the plot.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise deserves such a rating because it appears professionally edited and engaging.

Everyone should read this book at some point in their life. However, those who would appreciate it most would be those who enjoy multiple viewpoints, slice-of-life or realistic stories, and crime. Although, it should be noted that there are a lot of mature themes throughout the stories, so a more mature reader or adolescents of sixteen and above are likely the intended audience.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mikail Nurur-Rahman1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikail-nurur-rahman1.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Mikail Nurur-Rahman1 »

Thanks to John K. Danenbarger, whose writing style I found to be really imaginative, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book. I'm forward to read more of your writing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”