Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an excellent account of the journey of a political activist, particularly in Algeria, Africa, and the Arab area. It's not the typical "rags to riches" story, but it's a unique memoir of an outstanding man who only dreams of peace. Throughout this novel, readers will notice that Dr. Ghoulem Berrah may look like he never sleeps because of his discreet mission.

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was born in Algeria, when the French government still ruled the country. He had been an outstanding student since his younger days. When he went to a university in France, his patriotic journey blew up because of the noticeable racism. He never stops doing things to help his people (the Algerians) achieve liberation from French colonial powers. He was arrested, and afterwards, ups and downs kept coming. Will he endure until the end of his patriotic calling?

Overall, this memoir is full of valuable things. I like the positive outlook of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. His positivity attracts noble men like Dr. Abdelkrim El Khatib, Dr. Walter Konetzka, and President Houphouet-Boigny, to name a few. I was impressed when he was given a "Speech of Privilege" in the US Senate Committee for explaining the Algerian turmoil over gaining independence from France. Moreover, I was amazed at his dedication to being a doctor. There are times I laugh at the fish and cow scenarios while practicing medicine. Lastly, I was thrilled with his marriage.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is exceptionally well edited. I don't see any errors. His profession shows in his writing because it's quite obvious that his work is written with excellence and carefully proofread by professionals. Though I disliked the length of the book and the monotone mode, I enjoyed reading the author's moments with different leaders. Furthermore, the way he narrates his time with numerous presidents, especially President Houphouet-Boigny, is quite remarkable and full of wisdom. He includes several journeys with prominent people of his time, like Mao Zedong and President John F. Kennedy. Lastly, his efforts in helping bring peace to the Jews and Palestinians require unique strategies to achieve this.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes to read a memoir that doesn't give them heartaches because of emotional distress. This memoir will inspire a lot of people, especially those in politics. Those who are interested in political matters, particularly in Algeria, France, Côte d'Ivoire, Morocco, or the Middle East, will enjoy reading this book. Whoever wants to read this book will know the history of several countries through the memoir of one man. I salute this man.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Rosandra Hosein
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

Hi there! Thank you for your honest review of this memoir. I too recently read and reviewed this book.
In today's world, I normally see negative press on politicians, so to see a book that shows the more positive side of politics was truly amazing. I share your sentiments with regards to his relationship with the late and former president of the Ivory Coast. The way they worked together to achieve peace for themselves and others was truly commendable. Makes me really wish for politicians of that caliber in today's world.
Rosandra Hosein
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I loved your review highlighting Dr. Berrah's mission and background. I am in the middle of reading A Dream for Peace and gaining great insight. I also appreciated his commitment to being a doctor while dealing with demanding and controversial politics. Thank you for writing a detailed, honest, and knowledgeable review. I am eager to finish the book and write my review!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

Dr. Berrah Ghoulem's novel is a powerful testament to the transformative power of peace and the importance of unity.
Elvischukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvischukwu.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Elvischukwu »

Dr. Ghoulem's profound understanding of the human condition shines through in this compelling and enlightening novel.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about Algeria's journey to freedom, as it offers a rich and nuanced account that brings the historical events to life.
JuliusOnyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusonyango.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by JuliusOnyango »

What a remarkable individual! I really enjoy memoirs, and this sounds like a great book. Thank you for a well-written review!
Ori Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ori-daniel.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Ori Daniel »

What an interesting review. I urge you to keep the good work up because reading this review has triggered me to purchasing this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”