Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz, we follow Galen's journey, a quiet persona born in the Lands of the Princes, where a protracted civil war had long raged. Galen flees his native country and travels to the Kingdom of Voulhire to acquire an inheritance from his blacksmith uncle, whom he has never seen. Young Galen, an outsider who describes the customs and manner of life unknown to the young traveler, gives the reader a unique perspective on the country of Voulhire.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, the first book of a series, is an exciting introduction to a new world where magic and conflict meet in a complex kingdom. The reader gets a glimpse into the book's reality from a variety of angles and situations because the book is written from the points of view of several characters from various geographical locations. The character settings are introduced in a way that keeps the reader guessing as to their motivations and significance to the book's plot throughout.

There are some positive aspects of this book that made me enjoy reading it. First, I have to give the author credit for the excellent characterization. He carefully and patiently created each character. Through descriptions and dialogue, he gave his audience a comprehensive understanding of each individual's name, personality, and characteristics. Second, I was immediately drawn in by this book's opening. Although the book's pace gradually slowed down, it started out with a fast-paced, compelling tale. The novel's varying tempo, in my opinion, made it fascinating. Any reader will be mesmerized by the author's storytelling style and become enthralled with the narrative. Also, this story developed a great deal of suspense and tension. Magic is employed in this fantasy book. Matthew Tysz made sure to use the characters in an intriguing and compelling way, despite the fantasy element.

The story jumps between different perspectives quite a bit, and this is the only aspect of the book that I didn't like so much. Trying to figure out when and where we are situated in the plot can be a little challenging for the reader at first, but as you read the book, it becomes simpler to transition to and understand. However, this negative aspect is minor and does not warrant the removal of a star. Therefore, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars.

This novel was excellently written by the author, Matthew Tysz, and had my attention from beginning to end. Furthermore, I would say that this book was exceptionally well edited, as I did not encounter any errors until I finished reading it. Finally, I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading fantasy or sci-fi books.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I am really impressed by this review - it was well-written, engaging, and provided a great summary of the book. The analysis of the characters and themes was particularly insightful and added a lot to my understanding of the story. Overall, it was a fantastic read. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a wonderful story.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I found your review of the book to be incredibly engaging and informative. It provided a great summary of the book without spoiling anything, and I loved the insightful analysis of the characters and themes. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz has a great plot.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I agree with your assessment of the book We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. It is obvious that the author put a lot of effort into creating a captivating story with interesting characters and detailed descriptions. I appreciate your analysis of the characters and your recognition of the excellent editing. I recommend this book to fans of fiction, suspense, fantasy, action, and thrillers.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

I haven't been able to read the book yet, and after going through your review, I find the book to be an entertaining and engaging one. Galen Bray is courageous enough to have fled from the Land of the Princes. I'll love to check this book out.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

I absolutely loved your review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. Your summary and analysis of the book was thorough and insightful. I especially liked how you highlighted the different perspectives and characters in the book and how they all contributed to the story.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I appreciate the author for making this story clear and vivid. The characters' backstories and the vivid descriptions of the circus were interesting to read about. The author has also done a great job of editing this book, and I can see that it has been well-crafted.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

This review was exceptionally well-written and gave a great summary of the book. Your rating of 4 out of 4 stars is well deserved and I agree with it. I'm looking forward to reading this book in the future. Great job!
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

I really appreciate the thorough review you wrote for We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. Your analysis of the characters and their relationships to each other was spot-on, and I particularly liked your insight into the different perspectives throughout the novel. I also agree with your assessment of the book's editing, as I found no errors while reading it. It's clear that you've read this book with great care and attention, and I'm impressed with your level of detail and professionalism. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book!"
" admiration
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

This review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is excellent! I am in awe of the author's ability to capture the depth of the characters and the detail of the story. The reviewer did a great job summarizing and analyzing the book, and I can see why they enjoyed it.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I'm impressed with how well you summarized and analyzed the book We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. Your review was very thorough and detailed, and I appreciate that you discussed the characters and their depth, as well as the positive aspects of the book. It's clear that you put a lot of thought and effort into your review, and I can tell that you enjoyed the book.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I really appreciate the detailed and thoughtful review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. I also appreciate that you highlighted the positive aspects of the book, such as the inclusion of several viewpoints, the detail and depth of the characters, and the excellent editing.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

I particularly liked the way you highlighted the characters and the detailing of the novel. I am also impressed by your objectivity and professionalism in their evaluation, as they did not mention any negative aspects of the book.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a book that is really after my own heart. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

This book sounds like an exciting read and I appreciate the way you summarized and analyzed the book. It is clear that you enjoyed reading the book and it is unfortunate that I cannot read it since I do not like the storyline. Nevertheless, I am glad that you had a good experience and I thank you for sharing your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”