Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain"

To live, not merely exist, is something that older folks would advise you to do in your prime. Instead of truly living life, experiencing new things, and creating lasting memories, a large number of individuals are just getting by, working, and paying their expenses. In Bluewater Walkabout, Tina Dreffin describes her travels to and experiences in Africa. The author claims that she first had this desire to see the world in a Cuban Cafe in Fort Lauderdale. Tina used to be obsessed with finding work, making ends meet, and purchasing a new vehicle. She keeps being sexually assaulted while working as a commercial real estate broker, so she never gets this. Tina was aware that something was missing from her life.

Her life changed the moment she met her spouse, Peter. On their yacht, Scud, they have been traveling the world together. They are embarking on a new expedition, which they are calling the South Pacific Expedition, with her husband, two sons, Adam and Warren, and her sons' friends, Sam and Gary. Discover the locations they visited, the risks they faced, and how Tina was healed on their voyage.

I'd want to start by praising the author's bravery and determination in sharing her trauma narrative. She still dares to come out despite what some people have said. Although she cannot save the world, she has increased public awareness of the problem of widespread rape and sexual assault. Who knows? With her road toward healing, the author might have helped someone. I adore the way Tina takes her audience on a journey with her. She gives detailed descriptions of every scenario, setting, incident, and action. I find myself wishing I could go on an adventure someday.

Second, I learned a few things from this book, which is one of the things most people read. Tina and her husband have a wonderful relationship. Marriage should enhance your life, not take away from it. She is an over-thinker, which is evident in this novel, so I enjoy how Peter brings out more of her adventurous side and helps her relax. She certainly has that as a big blessing. The author also advised her audience not to run from their sorrows and pasts. It may be challenging, but facing that sorrow and bad history is the greatest way to get over it. To get through it, we can ask for assistance. Excellent work, author! I give this 4 out of 4 stars because of these factors.

There was nothing about this story that I disliked. Both reading and learning are enjoyable. There were a few mistakes in that. It's been edited professionally. The novel has a few instances of the use of vulgar language. Even yet, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the book.

To every rape survivor, I'd recommend this. In their most hopeless moments, Tina's recovery process might provide them comfort. Additionally, it is appropriate for individuals who hope to explore the world in the future. Here are some location suggestions.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Sometimes disappointment could lead to blessings. The case is for Tina, she was in a place where she was sexually assaulted, but when she took the bold step to leave her job, she got to do things she had always wanted to do, and in the process lived her life to the fullest, not just merely existing but living.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Blue Water Walkabout was a book filled with adventure, thriller, and suspense. I also learned a lot from this book. These lessons included both intellectual and moral. Great review.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The book is action-filled. I enjoyed the book from start to finish. My favorite character in the novel is Tina, her personality got me glued to the book. You did an excellent job on this review. Good job.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Bluewater walkabout is a book that took us on a short journey to womanhood and back. This book is an emotional read though it still contains another fun aspect which I also found engaging. I love the narrative style of this book.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Every story has its unique and inspiring thought that the reflex on us, giving us a mix of emotions and loads of adventures and drama. i hope this book has these attributes as well and i look forward to reading this book.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

I have always loved books on adventure and this was an exceptional one. Tina's life will remain an inspiration to younger generations who will come across this book. Great review.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Tina’s life is like a plot twist to me. Good that she decided to leave her job and also, thank goodness she received that call from her brother because it led her to safe haven.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

The book made me understand that not all things will work our way, as we could see clearly in Tina’s life. I so much love their adventures. It was amazing.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Sometimes two are better than one because they reason and relate purposefully together. Tina's life here is evidence. I love her courage and resilience. thanks for the great review.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I love the quote that was written first. It will be beautiful to go on that adventure you’ve been wanting to go and take that risk.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This story makes me realize that sometimes, fate is just waiting for you to take that scary step. After which, it will do its course. This is an interesting novel.
Damilola Oluwaseun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damilola-oluwaseun.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Damilola Oluwaseun »

The type of journey the author and her family undertook is unfathomable to me. Those memories will stick with you always.
Highlander777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-highlander777.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Highlander777 »

Review of Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

The book also delves into the challenges faced by Dreffin and her family, offering a realistic portrayal of the sacrifices and compromises involved in pursuing a life of exploration and adventure.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”