Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Review of Timewise

Post by Stevenmusk »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some people require financial aid because it would help them achieve their true passions and goals. Timewise by Robert Leet is a science fiction novel that delves into the life of an orphan boy named Ron, who is a genius and determined to change his financial situation but cannot follow his passion in arithmetic due to money issues. Nevertheless, he strived to resolve these issues by playing chess and poker games for money. A physics professor named Regina Russo met Ron, took an interest in his growth, and wanted to offer support.

Ron Larson is a Mill Falls, Massachusetts, orphan with a passion for great things but is discouraged by his financial capabilities. He played chess and poker as a source of income and had plans to play it big. This plan changed gradually after Professor Regina Russo took an interest in him. She offered to pay him to attend school. After graduating from high school, Regina offers to support him while he pursues a college degree by paying him for every "A" he receives. While mentoring Ron through college, Regina meets him periodically and teaches him her view of physics and how it pertains to the universe and time. This occurrence that pulls Ron and Regina together can no longer be seen as a coincidence but as an intertwined fate. Read along to see Ron's relationship with Regina.

I liked that the author explained quantum physics in simple terms, which created a new-found interest in its possibilities. It was descriptive, and the use of illustrations and pictures to aid in understanding complex concepts was creative. I admired Regina and her kindness and support, as she was determined to help Ron succeed. I commend the author's writing skills and plot twists that made the book unpredictable. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and I like the explanation of the parameters of physics with the big bang theory, which I found enlightening. Regina expanded on different concepts, making them less complicated, such as quantum theories, wave-particle duality, and the Planck constant.

In my opinion, there is nothing to dislike about this book. It showed the true meaning of friendship, love, and patience. Ron and Regina had a wonderful friendship.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally well-edited. There were a few errors, but they didn't hinder my reading experience. It was insightful and captivating. It deserves the given rating for these reasons.

I would recommend this book to students interested in physics and quantum theories. Readers who like romance and mystery will also like this book. There is some sexual content in this book, but it is mild. There are some profane words, but they are minimal.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

In this book the author really followed the title of the book. Timewise. I enjoyed the book a lot. I must commend the author for such a creative writing and also the reviewer for a job well done
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The struggle of Ron employed by the author is one which I found appealing. He was adamant to make the best of his abilities despite not having the financial capability. I would love to indulge myself in reading this novel soon. Great review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I also liked that the author explained quantum physics in simple terms, which created a new-found interest in its possibilities, descriptive, and the use of illustrations and pictures to aid in understanding complex concepts was creative and I know I'll like this book
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

In the journey of life there are people who are destined to help you missing them might get one's life stalled. I am happy for Ron that he didn't miss his. Your review is detailed and interesting welldone!!!
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Professor Regina is God's sent to Ron, many dreams were scattered due to lack of financial capability. Interesting review
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I love the relationship that exists between Ron and the professor. The physics touched in the book made me love the book more.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Ron's character inspired me. I'm glad that he was able to achieve so many of his goals despite the hurdles that came. Thanks for an insightful review.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

Really interesting review. However, I don’t agree with your comments about the author explaining quantum physics simply; it was too complex for me. Nevertheless, time wise was an enjoyable read.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Wow. Ron is a hard worker and he's smart. I love every bit of this book and I agree with you totally..thanks for the review
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

To learn what Regina's plan of action was, I'd like to read this book. Your review's lack of spoilers was another quality I appreciated. Soon I'll be reading this book, which I'm excited about.
Queen Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-glory.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Queen Glory »

I like the book and love the relationship, between Regine and Ron. It is a great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”