Review of Dagger's Destiny

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Review of Dagger's Destiny

Post by Jay David Randall »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dagger's Destiny" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Linnea Tanner's Dagger's Destiny is a work of historical fiction about the Celtic people in the time of Britannia and the Ancient Roman Empire. Catrin, the daughter of King Amren, serves as the book's main character. A druid cursed King Amren to endure a horrible death. The brutish, heartless, and battle-hardened king tried to break the curse and prevent his death. When his daughter saved her Roman lover Marcellus during the prisoner exchange and changed the future, he accused her of being responsible for the curse's inscription. In order to prove her fealty to her father, Princess Catrin was accused of treason and banished by King Amren. Princess Catrin was forced to train as a warrior in order to defeat his half-son Marrock and break the curse, but she had to choose between her father and her lover Marcellus. What perilous voyage and uncertainty await the bewildered princess of love? Would she ever develop into a formidable warrior, able to vanquish Marrock and break the curse? Would she ever experience Marcellus' warm touch once more? As you read Linnea Tanner's Dagger's Destiny, you'll learn the answers to these unresolved questions.

The author's use of tension, curiosity and intense battle scenes was what I appreciated most about this book. In her book, Dagger's Destiny, Linnea Tanner was able to evoke strong emotions in the reader. For example, I experienced betrayal, rage, and resentment toward Marrock and Rhan, two characters in the book. Despite the disparities between the Cantiacti kingdom and the Roman Regiment, Catrin and Marcellus' everlasting love throughout the book was something I greatly respected. Catrin and Marcellus' relationship was repeatedly put to the test, but despite this, they continued to display their unwavering love for one another. Ferrex is a character in this book whose fierce and mighty nature I found admirable. Ferrex is a character who is optimistic even during a time of war, and his loyalty to King Amren was unwavering. I liked how, out of his love for Catrin, he vowed his duty to her and took it upon himself to raise her to be a fearsome warrior. As I read this book, I found it to be suspenseful and engaging in every chapter. I was interested to learn what King Amren will face as he pursues his conquest to break his curse and defend his kingdom.

There was nothing I disliked about this novel as I read it; it wasn't boring at any point in the chapters, but rather enthralling and exciting as I progressed through it. I found a few grammatical errors in this novel, but they were meager and did not affect the reading process of this novel.

I sincerely give the book Dagger's Destiny a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed reading every chapter and found the book's conclusion to be unexpected, which made it thrilling for me. As a result of the few grammatical errors I came across while reading this book, I feel confident in saying that it has been professionally edited.

There were some brutal scenes and uses of profane language in this novel, so I would therefore recommend this novel to mature minds. This novel would also appeal to genre lovers of magic, history, love, hatred, and betrayal, as they would experience all these in the novel as they indulged in reading it.

Dagger's Destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

From this review, Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner is set in the old Roman empire. I am not a fan of this kind of books so will pass it along. Thanks for the review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book sure has a lot of twists and turn. I hope Princess Catrin survives all odds and enjoy her royalty well. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This sounds a lot interesting with several plot twists. It feels more like a story set in Greek to me. I might pick this up when I come across it. Thanks for an explicit review!
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This is just the book type I need to read soon. Action scenes that are intense and curious give me engaging quality. im adding it to my shelve right away.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Every story has it's journey that contains adventures and mysteries that need to be unfolded. but the suspense and its ability to bring out emotions from its reader is the attribute of a good book
Praise Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Life Lessons of Wayne by Shawn Wayne

Post by Praise Pelumi »

This book is an explicit historical one, wonderful review
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

The characters I admire so much in this book are Catrin and Marcellus, their love was something else that words can't explain.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Catrin and Marcellus' everlasting love throughout the book was something I like from this book, when you mentioned that Catrin and Marcellus' relationship was repeatedly put to the test, but despite this, they continued to display their unwavering love for one another, I knew their love was really strong.
Great review
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like an engrossing tale. I feel pity for Princess Catrin especially the ordeal she will have to undergo which is to be trained as a warrior to defeat her half-brother. Catrin sounds like a strong character that would love to read about. Well done!
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

From your review, the book sounds enticing as it portrays a series of events that surrounds a royal family of an ancient kingdom wonderful piece of work from the author.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Stevenmusk wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 13:21 Every story has it's journey that contains adventures and mysteries that need to be unfolded. but the suspense and its ability to bring out emotions from its reader is the attribute of a good book
Indeed, I do agree with you. Thank you for your comments too, I appreciate it.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

I'm not an avid lover of historical fiction books so I didn't connect well to the story. I'll pass it on to lovers of it because the plot seems engaging and suspenseful. Well done.
ELI MESHACK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eli-meshack.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by ELI MESHACK »

Going through your review has caught my fency. I'm looking forward to this book, let me know how princess Catrin's adventure all went through.
Chinasa Deborah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinasa-deborah.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chinasa Deborah »

It wasn't boring at any point in the chapters, but rather engaging and exciting as I went through it. There was nothing I hated about this book. Great review!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”