Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
3mperor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3mperor.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by 3mperor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Just like air is required to live, adventures every now and then are of the essence. It could be done alone or with a fun company just to enjoy the moment of time. Personally, I look forward to embarking on an adventure filled with as many fun, breathtaking, educative, unforgettable, and pleasurable moments and life experiences as possible. This memoir, Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin, took my mind to various places while I read about her life experiences as she journeyed into Africa for an exciting adventure.

Bluewater Walkabout isn’t just a memoir about Tina Dreffin herself; this journey commenced from South Africa to the Caribbean, and she had alongside her husband, two sons, and with the children came two friends. This book has lots of interesting scenes that will take your imagination to places unknown. The author faced various challenges that were exciting and quite difficult at the same time, but with the right people by her side and their problem-solving abilities, they were able to conquer them all. I’d also like to applaud the author for her ability to thoroughly break down and make it easy to understand various setbacks that came her way, along with her family and friends, during the course of the journey; at various points I could feel my adrenaline rush.

I absolutely loved reading this wonderful book, not just because I’m a fan of adventure, but because the author explained everything thoroughly and helped readers understand her and how she became the woman she is today. The author didn’t only provide insight on adventure. Tina provided us with stories that teach about perseverance, love, the unconditional care of a mother, and many more. I’d be lying if I said the book wasn’t worth my time.

I’d like to put out the fact that I expected more from the finishing of this book because I feel the introduction was more eventful and explanatory than the end of this memoir. It had several talks that were sexually related, and that made me slightly uncomfortable. Also, I’d like to make mention of the consecutive flashbacks while reading. Although they were very much in sync with the story, I feel like they weren’t all that necessary.

I’ll give Bluewater Walkabout a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The book is well edited, and the author’s writing style is also unique and immaculate, but I can recall coming across slight errors and misplaced words, and my dislike also has to do with it.

For the very adventurous ones out there, I highly recommend this wonderful memoir. This should serve as a guide because it presents to you many things you should keep in mind about aquatic trips and what you should do to help yourself when faced with challenges. It was so nice to have my mind blown and taken out of this world while reading.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Tina had such a wonderful experience with her kids and her husband, it should inspire couples that marriage shouldn't hinder the exploration of life in the wild. Nice review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Tina sounds like a loving and disciplined mother who also knows how to have fun. I'd love to accompany them in their adventure through this book. Amazing review.
Silva Wesley
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-silva-1.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Silva Wesley »

I would love to read this book to find out more about Tina. I would also like to read about their exciting adventures. Thank you for your honest review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I also look forward to embarking on various adventures. But first, let me experience the adventures of Tina and her family from this book. I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”