Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kelly Turbulo, the sister of Senator Michael McBride, and Sergeant Thomas Turbulo of the Carson City Police Department are the subjects of Dorothy May Mercer's fictional story E M P Honeymoon. It all began when Kelly found a hidden computer room in The Pigsty, a piggy gift shop in Honduras. She was shocked by what she saw, and as she was trying to comprehend what she was seeing, a strange man grabbed and held her. However, she was able to escape, leaving her bag behind. She called her brother, Senator Michael McBride, as soon as she could in her fear, and after asking her a few questions, he expressed grave concern and tried to help his sister. Kelly and Thomas Turbulo, who had just gotten married, were on their honeymoon in Honduras, but things didn't go as planned when they teamed up with a CIA agent and two of Cynthia's agents, named Agatha and Sharon, to find and eliminate this new threat to Honduras and the US government. What exactly is this new threat? What impact might this mission have on Kelly and Tom's honeymoon? E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer contains the answers to these unresolved questions.

This book's incredible collaborative effort by Agatha, Sharon, Steve, and Tom is what most captivated me. Their ability to work together greatly contributed to the novel's excitement, in my opinion, as each of them had a single objective to complete at any given time. I also appreciate how the team, which included Cynthia and Joe Rench, made a substantial contribution to removing the threat in Honduras and protecting the US government from a ballistic missile assault. One thing I enjoy about Dorothy May Mercer's E M P Honeymoon is how suspenseful it is; each chapter makes the reader curious. As I read this book, I was curious to find out whether Dear Leader's plan would succeed as well as to learn more about Su-jun since her characteristics weren't fully revealed in the first chapter. Another character who piqued my interest in this book was Steve. He initially thought of himself as a man who could get by on his own and didn't require any assistance, but as the novel progressed, he teamed up with Agatha and Sharon, proving that this was not the case.

Nothing in this book irritates me, and I enjoyed reading every chapter of it because it contained my favorite genre elements: action, suspense, drama, and romance. Although I considered parts of the stories in this book to be dull, as I read further, I found them to be more thrilling and captivating than before.

I would certainly say that this novel is exceptionally well-edited because I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading it, and I would give this novel a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because it is engaging and fascinating to read despite not evoking any emotional response from me.

A variety of genres are present in Dorothy May Mercer's E M P Honeymoon, including romance, action, technology, and politics. I thus do recommend this story to such people, since I am convinced that it will appeal to them. As I discovered some coarse language while reading this book, I would also recommend it to mature readers.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an enjoyable story and I commend the actions of the couples in leaving their honeymoon to fight for their country. Nice review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I like how the story took a different turn from the honey moon site the book sure has a well conceptualized plot. Wonderful review welldone!!!
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I really wouldn't want to be in their situation; although not exactly how they had intended, they were supposed to be on their honeymoon together. This book appears to be a lot of fun.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

It's a patriotic act for the couple to leave their honeymoon in order to save their country. I hope the were able to go back after the whole thing. Wonderful review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”