Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is a historical novel about the genesis of man. In this book, Michael explains how Lucifer, an angel that God sent to shepherd Adam and Eve in Eden, misled them into eating the forbidden fruit by disguising himself as a serpent. As a result, God curses Adam and Eve and drives them out of Eden because of their disobedience. The lives of Adam and Eve outside of Eden and the voyage of their offspring to the time of Noah are further explored in the book. To learn how Adam and Eve fared outside of Eden, you will have to read Killing Abel. In this book, you will find out what led Cain to murder his brother Abel, what happened afterward, and all the details that the Bible skipped.

There were a lot of fill-ins in this book. These specifics might not have been included in the Bible because they are not necessary. But, on the other hand, giving them might have resulted in the Bible having a size that would not be fit for lifting.

Some positive things about this book made me enjoy reading it. First off, the plot of the narrative is excellent and keeps readers interested. The book's calm and smooth progression was another aspect I enjoyed. The characters also had distinct personalities and were well-developed. Despite the fact that I have read numerous stories about Adam and Eve, this book was able to hold my attention as I eagerly anticipated what the author would reveal. Killing Abel is a potent interpretation and retelling of the biblical events described in the book of Genesis, beginning with the creation of the world and ending with the period of Noah. It is a fictional account of the first few chapters of the Bible.

This book has some negative aspects that I took note of. First, I found some profane words in the book, which I didn't expect because Killing Abel is based on the Bible story. Though it was not used frequently, I am highly against it containing any profanity at all. People of all ages widely read stories about the Bible. These profanities have made the book unsafe for younger readers. Second, there were some unimpressive and dull parts of the narrative. Also, I found myself questioning if the book was actually for the Bible or if it was against it. The details sometimes seem to represent a heretical viewpoint. I rate this book three out of four stars for these reasons.

This book was exceptionally well edited, as evidenced by the fact that I did not encounter any errors while reading it. Religious leaders and educators will benefit greatly from reading this book. They will reflect more broadly as a result of reading it, and they will be better able to respond to the inquiries of their followers. I would also recommend this book to people who prefer historical fiction and Christian-based literature.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Reading the storyline line of this book, I assumed that since it was a retelling of the Bible story, that it would be for readers of all ages. It's a bit disappointing to discover that it contains some profanities.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Reading the storyline line of this book, I assumed that since it was a retelling of the Bible story, that it would be for readers of all ages. It's a bit disappointing to discover that it contains some profanities.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

This review of Killing Abel by Michael Tieman did justice to the book. I would recommend that Christians read this book as it would give them a clearer view of what the story of creation was really about. I enjoyed reading the book and this review as well. It is great reading about your thought on the book.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I absolutely loved reading Killing Abel and I can definitely see why the reviewer gave it three out of four stars. I saw the profanity as minor though. The story is so powerful and captivating that I felt like I was right there with Adam and Eve. Michael Tieman does an amazing job of weaving together the biblical account and his own creative writing to create an engaging, thought-provoking narrative. I especially appreciate how the story emphasizes God's grace and mercy, and how it shows us that God is always willing to welcome us back when we make the effort to return to Him. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the biblical account of creation, or who is struggling with the guilt of sin and wants to reconnect with God.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

All I can say is that your analysis of the book is excellently done. Seeing that the book some how centers on the Bible, yet some parts of it is heretical leaving one confused as to if it is against or for the Bible. Well done.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I love reading biblical fictions because I'm curious to know more about biblical past. Killing Abel focuses on the story of Noah and his adventures. Thanks for your review.
Ezennaya D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezennaya-d.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ezennaya D »

There are a good number of fictions based of the bible like you pointed out and what makes them memorable are the changes made to make them unrecognisable. It will be amazing to read how the author fill the gaps within these stories of the bible. I am glad the author was able to get your attention. Your observations were clearly put out in the recommendations given. Killing Abel will make a good read. Great review 8)
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

I'm interested in learning how Cain's generation fared and why an Ark was required of Noah. I'm sure this book has a lot of answers to many questions I have about the origin of existence. I'm sure I'm going to love this book and I can't wait to read it!
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

The themes of love, forgiveness, and disobedience was really insightful. You also mentioned the unique experience of reading the Bible texts which I found really interesting. This book is definitely a must-read from r thsose who like religious books.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I absolutely loved this review! It was so detailed and thorough, and I really appreciate how you highlighted the main themes of the book. I'm so intrigued by the plot and the characters, and I'm definitely considering reading this book in the future. Thanks for giving me a great overview of the book and for providing such an insightful analysis.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

I absolutely loved this review! The reviewer did a great job summarizing and analyzing the book, and I can tell that the storyline and plot of the book is really interesting. I'm definitely interested in reading it in the future. I'm looking forward to reading this book and finding out the answers to the questions the reviewer posed. Thanks for the great review!"
" and appreciative
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I enjoyed reading this review of Killing Abel by Michael Tieman! It was so well-written and provided such a great overview of the book. I can tell that the reviewer really enjoyed the story and the writing style, and I'm definitely interested in checking it out for myself. I'm especially intrigued by the idea of learning about God's grace and kindness through the story, and how it could potentially help those who feel guilty for their sins.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

It was amazing to read a fictionalized retelling of the Bible's first few chapters, and it was amazing to see all the missing information that was added in this book! and I honestly did not find anything to dislike about it. I would highly recommend this book to anyone inquiring about biblical occurrences, especially about the first man and woman God created. It's a great read for both older and younger readers.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

Great job on writing a very informative review about this book! I appreciate how you gave a summary of the author's background, it really helped me understand the book's content.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”