Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann
fav_author_id: 2379
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 183%

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Salah bourouba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Having a sisterhood that is based on true and honest relationships is rare. Especially if the common ground between the friends is a rather special hobby. In this story, fly fishing has brought together five ladies. Sophie, the loner who was heartbroken and never found love again except for her love for farming and fly fishing. Rose, the oldest, has the most experience in fly fishing, and is the owner of the cabin on the lake. Veronica, the office girl and CEO of her own coaching company. Melody, the youngest and wildest of the group. She is a nighttime photographer who has been to clubs and restaurants at night more than her own house and Amanda, the military wife with two kids, who tries to get rid of her fear for her husband when on deployment by going on fly fishing trips. Each with a different story and background, they sail together into the sea of life while fishing with various seasonal flies.

What I liked about the book was how strong the relationship between the women was. It showed a strong and truthful friendship. Even though the girls all met in different and random ways, they still formed the sisterhood of a lifetime. I also liked how the author divided the book each time and gave a chance to one of the characters to tell her own story. The book contains a lot of details about fly fishing, to the point where it could be turned into a guide to the sport, which is beneficial in a way but at the same time could be too much unnecessary detail. However, the author managed to give the proper amount of information to know the sport and somehow make you eager to try it yourself.

I didn't find anything displeasing about the book. Even the information she gave at the end of the book about fly fishing clubs. This could be beneficial to some people who would be interested in the sport and maybe want to try it sometime in their lives.

I would rate The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings 4 out of 4 stars. The bond the girls have through this unusual sport is remarkable. I also found the editing to be exceptional since I didn't find any mistakes.

Though the book contains borderline profanity, it didn't affect how good the story was. I think the story line overpowers the language and feels like it's worth the read for young adults and even teenagers.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

In addition to exposing me to the sport of fly fishing, this book also broadens my understanding of the beneficial effects of friendship. I appreciate your entertaining review.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

I loved how The Reel Sisters emphasized the importance of staying connected with friends. It's a beautiful reminder that we are stronger together.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”