Review of Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Review of Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo" by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Marsha Roo has been invited to attend Hilda Hippo's concert at the Sydney Opera House. She invites her friends, and soon they all travel to the concert hall together. The show starts with a duet sung by Hilda Hippo and Geoffrey Giraffe. After they sing together, Hilda Hippo sings a solo, and she suddenly coughs. She takes a deep breath and, this time, hacks. Dr. Marsha Roo is eager to uncover the medical mystery and find out what causes Hilda Hippo's coughing problem. Doctoroo followed Hilda to her dressing room, where she admitted she needed help and that she wouldn't be able to perform for the Queen of England like this. Doctoroo and her team began searching for clues that might have caused Hilda Hippo to cough. Will Doctoroo and her team be able to help Hilda in time for her to perform flawlessly for the Queen of England? You will have to read Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo, written by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner to find out.

I liked the colorful pictures in the book and couldn't stop looking at it. This will enhance the engagement of the target readers. I appreciated how Wellner delivered educational measurements of good hygiene to children in a fun and engaging way. There are also interesting facts about The Sydney Opera House, such as when it was built and how long it took to build. It also teaches children the importance of washing their hands to prevent infection from common germs found all around us. But it also emphasizes that not all microorganisms are bad, and some are even essential for our survival.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. The story is easy to read and comprehend, and it also teaches children interesting facts about animals. For example, pigs are very clean animals, and hippopotamuses love to take mud baths.

Since there are no errors present, the book must have been exceptionally well-edited. Because this book aims to educate children while still keeping them interested through the illustrations, I rate this book four out of four stars.

I recommend this book to parents, teachers, and family members who want to teach children the importance of washing their hands before they eat or touch their face. Those who love children's literature will also appreciate Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo.

Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

The most important thing which I prefer being at it best in a children's book is "pictures as illustrations of the story". and since you have mentioned that it has colorful pictures which you couldn't stop looking at, I am convinced that it is indeed a wonderful book which I can try out.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

Certainly sounds like an interesting children book. To perform for the Queen of England is no small thing. Hopefully they will find out what causes Hilda Hippo's caughs.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

This book's theme is insightful. It will provide information on common health issues such as coughing. I like how the author included facts about animals as well. A wonderful book for children to learn from.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

I thoroughly loved reading your evaluation and the colorful visual depictions.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”