Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Thompson Grace »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A state where you don't know the fate of your loved one, whether he or she is dead or alive, could be one of the most confusing states one could find himself in. We experience a similar scenario in the book Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker. This is one of the most suspenseful books I have read in a while. In addition to the suspense, there was also romance, which increased the hunger for further reading.

Some truths are withheld from us for our own safety, as Grant discovered while trying to learn about Randall and his expedition to Zona that resulted in his death. On May 7th, many revelations about the trip to Zona were made at Boris' apartment, and the only survivor, Max Volkov, was introduced. After the general meeting, Boris, Irina, Grant, and Volkov came together for more talk about the previous expedition. Grant and Irina were made to take an oath not to disclose any of the confidential information they talked about concerning the previous Zona trip. This was the beginning of a new Zona expedition, as Irina had filled in the position of the biochemist and Grant was going to identify his uncle. What would be the fate of these lovers? Would the first Zona trip be the same as the second?

I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars due to how amazing and easy the book was. I had this first impression that this book would be a difficult read as it relates to science. But when I started reading, I didn't notice any difficulties due to the well-described writing patterns. I also enjoyed the format of this book; the writing was bold and clear. I also enjoyed the fact that this book was well divided; it made the work very beautiful and easy to read. The characters were well developed. Grant not being able to be carried away by love was something I loved, and it proves his level of intelligence.

This book has a good start, but the ending seemed to be missing a lot. The book has a lot of characters with complex names, and it was difficult to keep up with them. I was glad that there is another book coming soon, and I can't wait to read it. I did not encounter any errors, which shows how well edited the book was. The dislikes were the reason why I deducted one star.

The book depicts the peculiarities of the science professions and what they go through in their discovery process. It is an amazing read with action, twists, suspense, and emotions. I strongly recommend this book to lovers of science fiction and romance.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dominico_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominico-7.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Dominico_7 »

Nice review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Your review is on point. This was a very suspenseful story. It had a slow start start at first, then it got better. Grant is my favorite character and Max, as well. Nice review!
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

Zona: the forbidden land is a great novel with an interesting storyline. I can't imagine what Grant felt while looking for his uncle. Thanks for the review.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

This is indeed a mysterious book. Zona will be a place of interest to me considering some misery in it. The details of the first expedition and the love between Grant and Irina are also worthy of discovery. thanks for the review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Zona The Forbidden Land was an interesting book that I wouldn't be forgetting anytime soon. Though there were parts of the book that had a dull pace, the rest were fast-paced and interesting. Great review.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

It was difficult for me to keep up with all of the characters, but the intriguing adventure storyline is not to be missed. Keep up the good work.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Enjoyed every bit of this book. I enjoyed the suspense, mystery, the sexual tension in the book as well as the action. Zona is a wonderful book to read for people who enjoy science fiction and mystery stories. Great review. You truly captured the book well. Well done.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

This is indeed an interesting book full of fun and suspense. This book was adventitious and really kept me smiling. Kudos to your review.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

This is indeed an interesting book full of fun and suspense. This book was adventitious and really kept me smiling. Kudos to your review.
Ebere Mark Joe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-mark-joe.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Ebere Mark Joe »

I actually enjoyed this book when I read it. And your review is actually attractive. Making the book interesting to pick. Nice review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I wonder how this new zona experience would turn out. Grant's character shows he's well disciplined, by not being carried away by love. Nice review!
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

I love reading science books. I also like the fact that this book has lots of exciting adventures. I will be looking forward to reading this book. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”