Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a memoir about the author's life. During the French colonialism of Algeria, the author, a freedom fighter, fought for the country's independence. Ghoulem, his parents' only son, strived for peace in all of its manifestations. He promoted peace between Israel and Palestine. In regards to the reverse transcriptase enzyme, he was the first to put forth a theory. Ghoulem has worked in a variety of disciplines and made a substantial contribution to Africa's progress, including as a scientist, politician, and freedom activist. More details regarding the author's life mission are provided in this book.

What I found most compelling about this book was the author's determination to fight for his country's independence. The dangers and hardships he faced never deterred him from pursuing his objectives. As an activist at a medical school in France, he drew the attention of the police. He was also apprehended in Spain. However, he never gave up and continued to push with zeal. His open-minded attitude toward life is admirable. This is the detailed autobiography of a man who contributed significantly to world peace. I gained a lot of understanding about how effective fighting for humanity is from the book. I gained respect for the author after reading this memoir, and it inspired me to have courage and patriotism.

The novel demonstrates how racism may influence one's life and what peace can accomplish for a person and a nation. Ghoulem was a victim of racism as a child and swore to put an end to it. The book is written in the first person. This book's writing style is excellent. I quickly became engrossed in the captivating story, imagining the events in the book as I followed the author's life journey. Despite the fact that the book is thorough, I never felt bored or that there were any lagging scenes. I felt like I had made such little progress in my community and the wider globe after reading this book. I think the world would be a better place if more individuals had the author's personality.

I have no complaints regarding the book. The addition of visuals to the text enhanced its enjoyment. This book is wonderfully written and addresses significant subjects that will have a big impact on readers.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no errors in it. I rate this book five out of five stars. This is a thought-provoking book that will motivate individuals. I recommend this book to readers who love political history.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

The does indeed detail Ghoulem's life in an easy-to-read manner. I've read this book some time ago and I also felt if there are more people like the author, Africa would be better.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This review seems interesting, I love to hear the story of freedom fighters that's those who fight for a good course. Nice review
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

The life of Ghoulem Berrah is a good one to emulate by people who seek freedom.i like your review, good work.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Wonderful non fictional book, I hope our present leaders in Africa can pick a lesson from this book. Dr Ghoulem's personality is something one can emulate as a leader. Nice review
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

One of the things I like about this book is that it is well-detailed after reading this book I was able to make some necessary adjustments. I was afraid to try big things but now I can take the bull by the horn.
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

Dr.Ghoulem is a blessing to the Africa continent. I am happy he was able to write this book before he died. The words in this book will forever be remembered and be a guide to the present and future generations. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is one of the books I love so much. The author went on in-depth research before writing this book. I learned a lot of lessons from it one of which is to dream and have to courage to achieve it. Congrats on this review.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

A very good review, the demeanor of Dr. Ghoulem is something one can emulate as a leader, Nice says. I believe our current African leaders may learn something from this book. Both current and upcoming generations of African leaders will use the book as a reference.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

I typically don't enjoy non fiction so I wouldn't read it but Dr Ghoulem does seems like an inspiring reader
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Many people are not familiar with historical events that doesn't concern them but as long as its history, it concerns everyone that's what I think.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Too often we have leaders in politics who do not see the benefits of peace, only an opportunity to line their own pockets. I have the utmost respect for people who fight against such corruption. Thank you for this review. I saw this book pop up on my page as a suggested read. I am interested in giving it a try.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

My favorite character in this novel is Dr.Ghoulem Berrah. I love his impact on the decolonization of his homeland. He did a significant job and he can't be forgotten.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”