Review of Chubby Wubbles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of Chubby Wubbles

Post by Moo Reny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chubby Wubbles" by M. J. Abrams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How do you think a pet will feel if he wakes up one morning and can't find his pet friend? Very sad, right? Chubby Wubbles My Pet Ferret, by M.J. Abrams has twenty-seven pages.

After putting his two pets, a ferret named Chubby and a kitten named Coco, to bed in their playpen after a long day of play, Chubby couldn't find Coco the next morning. He checked her hiding spots, and yet he couldn't still find her; they were inseparable, and they did everything together, from playing to sharing their toys. Chubby was very sad, and one day he sets out to find his pet mate, Coco. Will Chubby be able to find Coco, or will he never see his pet mate again? Or would Chubby go missing as well on the quest to find his mate? Read this intriguing yet very cute children's book to find out more.

I loved every part of this book. My favorite character from this children's book is Jeffery, Mark's younger brother. This book made me realize that pets also have feelings, just like humans. They like to be played with and cared for, and I like the character Jeffery so much because he spends time with the pets and plays with them. Jeffery is also very kind and selfless, and I loved that he didn't object to Chubby's adoption. Many people see pets as extra trouble, and they do not like to put in the work of caring for them and feeding them, but through Jeffery, children and adults can learn how to take care of pets and spend quality time with them.

The cover of this book is another thing I also like about it; the cover is bright and attractive, and I love the illustrations. The pictures of ferrets in the book made it more interesting and added more life to the story. Before reading this book, I didn't know what a ferret looked like or if they could be kept as pets, but through the photographs and the great storyline, I became more informed and knowledgeable about ferrets.

There's absolutely nothing I dislike about this book; it is a very cute and inspiring children's book that children can learn a lot of great lessons from. Therefore, I rate this book a five out of five stars. The book is exceptionally well-edited, and I found no errors while reading it. It contains no vulgarity or sexual content, which makes it safe for children.

This is a wonderful book overall, and I recommend it to children because they need to learn the importance of taking care of their pets, and they can also learn how to take care of their friends from this book. I also recommend it to everyone who owns a pet or is looking forward to getting one.

Chubby Wubbles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I wouldn't be happy if I wake up and can't find my playmate. I would do just as Chubby did, I will go look for my playmate and make sure I see him/her. The book has an interesting easy to read plot and I look forward to reading it. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

It's really a terrible to lose something or someone really close to you. Chubby must have really been sad and lonely. Chubby Bubbles seems like an easy and interesting book to read. Nice review
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

I could recount when I lost my pet and how I felt about it. So I can relate to Chaubby's state as he searched for Coco. This will be a fun read for kids. Thanks for the great review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The connection between the two pets is something to talk about, I really do like that, and seeing the determination in chubby to find coco Is emotional to me.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Oh! the bond between these pets is admirable. I hope Chubby doesn't go missing while looking for Coco. I will read this book next. Thanks for the amazing review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I hope Chubby and Coco find each other. I can't imagine the pain of waking up and not seeing my beloved pet. Nice review!
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I can imagine the pain chubby felt, waking up and not finding Coco. I hope chubby and Coco would reunite at the end of it all. your review is nice.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

I seem to like Jeffery, Mark's younger brother very much, truly pets also have feelings, just like humans. They like to be played with and cared for and I see that in mu little pet too and I like the character Jeffery so because he spends time with the pets and plays with them. I like how Jeffery is also very kind and selfless, because many people see pets as extra trouble, and they do not like to put in the work of caring for them and feeding them which is very true, but following Jeffrey's example, people can learn.
Thanks for a great review
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Indeed this sounds quite intriguing for a children's book. I'll like to know the answer to the questions asked in your review. Jeffery sounds like a good part owner too. Great review.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 546
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I like that you pointed out in the review the fact that pets have feelings just like people. A very interesting book for sure.
Lay-cee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lay-cee.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Lay-cee »

The cover of this book is one beautiful thing I also like about it; the cover is bright and attractive, and I love the illustrations. The pictures of ferrets in the book made it more interesting and added more life to the story. Before reading this book, I didn't know what a ferret looked like or if they could be kept as pets, but through the photographs and the great storyline, I became more informed and knowledgeable about ferrets.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Children books are always fascinating and interesting. They are also a short read. It’s true that animals can also feel like humans. Great review!
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-park17.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Lisa Park17 »

I love reviews that are carefully written. And also children novels are always a delight to read. I'm curious to find out if Chubby would find his pet, Coco. I sincerely hope he does. I look forward to reading this creative book. Nice work.
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

One thing I like about this book it's is fascinating and creative book cover, it is actually not nice not to see someone which you are always together, thanks for the review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”