Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Chris Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A blissful honeymoon is interrupted when an ongoing secret covert operation against America gets discovered. EMP Honeymoon is a 16-chapter book that begins with a teaser showing a brief future event.

Kelly, a newlywed bride and her police officer husband, Tom, were on their honeymoon in Honduras. Kelly came across a shop used as a cover to run a secret covert mission. She then contacted her brother, a Senator, and reported the matter. Steve is a CIA agent assigned to Honduras to work as a spy. Following investigations, the Koreans were on the verge of overthrowing the United States. Kelly and Tom, with some friends, join forces to end the Korean operations. To find out more about Kelly and Tom’s adventures, read EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer.

The book was factual, with detailed maps and expressions. The author made use of military terminologies and was able to deliver a great plot. I admire Jung Lo’s courage in sabotaging Korean operations. I find it funny how countries aim to achieve world dominance through nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. The book made little use of images. I felt the fear of the Koreans who worked for the Dear Leader.

There were a few things I learned from the book. It discussed what could happen as a result of a solar flare. I was interested in no particular character, as I loved each character’s role. The author developed the characters well enough. They were able to use their area of expertise to contribute to the mission. My favourite moment was when the Dear Leader was so enthusiastic about his plan coming to life, ignorant of things taking place behind his back.

I found nothing to dislike in the novel. The book was fun and intriguing; I am a great fan of action and crime novels. I love the Americans’ cooperation as Team USA in taking down their Korean enemies. The book was not very long, and I can’t think of any notable boring parts in the book. The book also introduced me to a few words. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I came across no errors. I would love to rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to lovers of science fiction, action, and crime novels, although it might not be suitable for young readers due to some complex military terms and abbreviations. I should note that the book has very little profanity.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I would love to see how Jung Lo sabotaged the korean operations. Interesting plot
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

It is not nice to have one's honeymoon sabotaged however, service to country comes first. I'd love to see how this couple tackle the problem and help in thwarting the plans of these terrorists. Beautiful review.
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

An intriguing aspect of this book that made it outstanding was the use of very easy and understandable English and also the exploitation of different writing tools which made this book amazing.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

The plot of this book was interesting. I would like to read this book to know they made use of nuclear weapons in this book. Excellent review.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

A book that has the right level of action, crime, and intrigue is a worthy read indeed. The inclusion of detailed maps and expressions is a nice touch. When a book has facts and a good level of detail, there is always something to learn. Your review captured the overall idea of the book very nicely.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I love how factual the book is. The military terminologies employed by the author shows he did some thorough research before writing the book. Nice review!
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I have read another book by this author and it was thrilling, I know that this book won't be any different. I would like to read how Kelly and her friends were able to stop the operation. Great review.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

I'm a massive fan of action-filled, adventure and romance novels. The plot of this book is interesting and captivating. I'll love to pick-up a copy of this book. You carried out a good job on the analysis of the book.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

What an awesome honeymoon as the couple, together with other members of team US try to avert the disaster that's about to hit their soil. This is a suspenseful read with enriching information.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I would be angry if my honeymoon turns to a mission however I admire Tom and Kelly's dedication to their work and Job. I wonder what happened at the end of the book. Great review
Dominico_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominico-7.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Dominico_7 »

Wow! Nice book from the look of things, it must be an interesting read. Can't wait to try it out!.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer. I love how you highlighted the maps used by the author and the great plot of the book. I should be adding the book to my bookshelf soon. I'll definitely be on the lookout for your future reviews.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

One thing I like about this book is the kind of love shared between Cynthia Patterson and Sky McIntyre. It is a reaffirmation that true love surely does exist.
Nerd_Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerd-chris.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Nerd_Chris »

EMP Honeymoon is also by Dorothy May Mercer. It features action, crime and thriller. Kelly and Tom's honeymoon was cut short when Kelly notices an ongoing covert operation against America. Nice review. Congrats on publication.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”