Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
3mperor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3mperor.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Review of Killing Abel

Post by 3mperor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is an amazing novel that teaches so much about the occurrences that happened in the Bible. It consists of events that took place in and after the Garden of Eden. There were lots of moral teachings and stories to learn from, and I’m sure this book would have touched the hearts of several readers.

The book unravels from the creation of man, with the first man to ever walk the earth called Adam and his sister Eve. Several twists occurred with Eve and the serpent, leading to banishment and curse, but because of the love God has for his children, he has given everyone the liberty to choose which path to follow: Satan’s tree of knowledge or God’s tree of life. Then that led to another happening, which was the birth of the firstborn of Adam, Cain, and the second, Abel. Then came the first-ever murder case. Cain, being the elder brother to Abel, grew up with so much dislike and jealousy towards his brother, and that led to his downfall. Fast-forward to the flood that happened in the time of Noah and how God saw Noah and his family through the great flood. I believe Michael Tieman was able to put all of this down with the inspection of God. Could that be?

For someone like me with enough knowledge about the scriptures, this was well worth reading because it was very much in relation to the scriptures. It talked a lot about God’s unconditional love and forgiveness. As well as trying to teach us about the consequences of disobedience and other earthly lusts.

I like this book a lot because the author didn’t write it according to his own understanding of the Bible. He wrote it with the inspiration of God from praying, and it was well in sync with the original teachings of the scripture. This book isn’t only focused on random things but also problems we face in reality, like survival, tough parenthood, corruption, lust, and so many other matters.

What I disliked when reading this book was the author’s suggestion on several occasions that God didn’t have knowledge of various things, which I disagreed with because he’s the omniscient God.

I rate Killing Abel 4 out of 5 stars. I came across no errors, and the author's writing style was excellent. But because of my dislike, I have to remove one star. I believe other Christians like me would find that to be a huge disagreement.

I recommend this book to adults who have an interest in religion.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Thanks for an honest review. I'm actually intrigued by a book that gives some other meaning to biblical events. I'm looking forward to reading this book.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This is like a book I recently read. I will make thee a great nation. I wonder the style of this author in this book. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for an Amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”