Review of Uplifted

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Review of Uplifted

Post by Marsha JJ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Uplifted" by Susan Smith Jones, PhD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Uplifted, Susan Smith Jones, PhD, has created an inspirational guide to leading a more joyful life that maximizes one’s well-being. She integrates principles such as practicing kindness, forgiving others, maintaining enthusiasm, paying attention to intuition, and more. Recognizing that people are increasingly living stressful lives, she shares tools that will help readers have a positive outlook and practice healthy habits. At the core of her book are 12-minute action steps that she advises readers to practice over a period of 21 days. Smith Jones is a great storyteller, sharing tales of kind deeds, coincidences, and incidences of overcoming obstacles.

The book exudes positivity, making it a delight to read. I enjoyed the author’s friendly writing style and her enthusiasm for helping her audience live their best lives. There’s a wonderful energy that comes across in her writing. I especially appreciated the thoughtful insights and the useful action steps that she included in the book. The abundance of quotes and affirmations provided another nice bonus. This kind of book makes sense to read more than once since there’s a good amount of material to savor.

One of my favorite aspects of the book was the integration of key facts that supported her advice. For example, she shared a finding that optimism is linked to better overall health. Another interesting fact she shared was the link between kindness and reduced levels of cortisol, a chemical produced when one is stressed. I found many fascinating facts like these in Uplifted.

I didn’t have any major criticisms about this book. One minor point is that I wish the author would have detailed her sources for certain facts that she noted in the book. There were some compelling facts that were listed, and I would have liked to have known the sources for those facts to go deeper into the studies behind them. However, this did not detract in any way from my appreciation of the book.

I found this book to be full of great advice. I enjoyed the content and the author’s writing style. For those reasons, I rated it 5 out of 5 stars. The book was also exceptionally well edited.

Uplifted is for those who are interested in transforming their lives through a positive mindset and healthy practices. I recommend the book to readers who enjoy self-help books. Anyone who is living a stressful life and seeking positive change would find value in reading Uplifted.

Uplifted
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

This is truly an amazing book. Any book that encourages healthy and happy living is very important to me. Beautiful review.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

I love health related books. Amazing review. Hope it makes it to the book of the day.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”