Review of Phobia Relief

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Phobia Relief

Post by SINGH JAY »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Phobia Relief" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kalliope Barlis writes in Phobia Relief that "fear is a potent emotion brought on by intense worry about something that is happening or might happen that is harmful, painful, or uncertain." Many individuals think that fear is regressive. They are right—to a certain extent. Some worries, meanwhile, are required to protect us from dangerous situations or risks.

A phobia is a severe case of fear. Our thoughts grow afraid. We cannot stifle our emotions if we are unable to regulate our thoughts. Barlis reiterates the value of laughter while recognizing the role of the brain. The brain becomes more flexible when we laugh, which causes the release of the oxytocin hormone. The brain becomes incredibly plastic as a result of this process. Simply put, brain plasticity refers to the ability of the brain to change its neural connections in response to your demands.

There are three sections to the book. Finding a purpose and reducing worries are the topics of part one. Here, the author realized that reality is a matter of perspective; sometimes, the way we see things is not factual, and committing to your aim removes the possibility of fear. The second section deals with transforming fear into freedom, and the final section explores how Nero-Linguistic Programming (NLP) transformation actually works.

This amazing book gives the reader the tools they need to face their fears. The methodical strategy Barlis uses to eliminate the dread threat is my favorite feature. Because it contains a critical step—a person choosing to get rid of fear—the first section's significance cannot be understated. Due to the author's including exercises that provide instructions, all the procedures are simple to follow. The final chapter, which highlights that anxieties can be either beneficial or harmful, was really enjoyable. The only natural phobias that people have are phobias of heights and loud noises. The rest is learned. Stress is caused by fear. According to Barlis, the good news is that while issues like anxiety are transient, their solutions may be long-lasting.

It was kind of the author to include case studies. Under the heading of NLP is one of the most intriguing. The case study will likely cause the readers' perspectives on what is preventing them from moving forward to shift. Because we are afraid to engage in some positive activities that are unfamiliar to us, our fears have an impact on our relationships. I especially like the scientific justifications offered. Some aspects, like neurological processing, are thoroughly addressed. I imagined how the central nervous system functions from the author's perspective.

Nothing about this book offended me. It is a book that is highly insightful and can be used for both self-help and as a teaching tool. I was reminded that people lack the gene for fear. I am now confident that I can successfully deal with the situation, no matter how challenging it may be.

I'm tempted to give the book 4 out of 4 and 5 out of 5 stars based on the aforementioned factors. Finally, I absolutely concur that everyone struggling with fear should read this book. You may get out of any difficult scenario you find yourself in by applying the pearls of wisdom from this masterwork.

Phobia Relief
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I have read this book, and I found it too helpful for individuals who suffered from fear or phobia. I like this book. It's very insightful. You did write a very nice review!
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

:techie-studyingbrown: Thanks for the great review!
This book will prove very useful to all. Cool review✨
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by SINGH JAY »

Abdulwahab Maryam wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 05:19 :techie-studyingbrown: Thanks for the great review!
This book will prove very useful to all. Cool review✨

Thank you for your time and words.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by SINGH JAY »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 04:37 I have read this book, and I found it too helpful for individuals who suffered from fear or phobia. I like this book. It's very insightful. You did write a very nice review!
Thank you for your time & words.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”