Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chimezie Agbata
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reading this book made me realize how boring my life has been. I had a mixed feeling of pain and hope after reading this book. I felt pain because, at my present age, I have not had a thrilling and memorable adventure. I had a feeling of hope because Tina's story motivated me to get the most out of my life. I come from a continent with one of the most diverse and richest cultural heritages, and yet I have been confined to a particular region. If Tina, as a woman, could rise above all odds to make her dreams a reality, then I could do the same.

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a nonfiction inspirational book. Tina tells us about the series of adventures she had across Africa. She describes her two children, Adam and Warren. Tina went on to describe how her addiction to adventure began. Over the years, the author and her family lived in South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and more. The author went on to tell us about some of her struggles as a woman, which included the trauma of sexual assault and rape. Tina met Peter two years earlier when Peter's sister got married to Keith. Read on to find out more about Peter and Tina's relationship. The union of these lovebirds begins an exciting episode of adventure in Tina's life. Don't miss this book.

There are so many beautiful things about this book. The relationship between Tina and Peter sent chills down my spine. In a time when domestic violence is on the rise and there is so much exploitation and abuse going on in so many marriages, it was relieving to read a book of this kind. Marriage should be about supporting your spouse and helping him or her achieve their dreams. If not for an amazing man like Peter, most readers would have missed out on such an impactful book as this. This book was well edited. I could not find any errors in this book.

I did not come across any negative things about this book. This book is well written in a very simple and comprehensible form. The author's message was clear. This book is very capable of inspiring most women out there who are going through any form of difficulty or abuse. I love the colorful pictures, maps, and quote included in this book. It helped me have a wonderful reading experience as I went through this book.

I will rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend this book to all lovers of non-fiction, adventure, and family life books.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Tina's adventure is bo doubt thrilling and it shows how brave she and her family is. If there's something I learned from this book is to be brave, Tina is a very strong woman, Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoyed Tina’s journey across Africa with her family, especially when they were exploring the parks. Likewise, I like her relationship with her husband. He’s her safe place.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

Such a wonderful journey for a wonderful story. From Tina's past to her present, the change is inspiring and memorable. Africa might not be everyone's choice for a vacation but she did spend hers well and this would surely last a lifetime. I enjoyed reading this review, especially as I've read the book.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Tina and her husband must have a a thrilling adventure across Africa
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

Sounds interesting I can't wait to read this book. I love the plot and concept used in this book. Kudos to your review.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

This book proved that traveling and adventuring could be a form of inspiration and healing. I have read this book and I could very much understand the content of this amazing review. Kudos
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

This was a thriller that explores Tina's past and one of her wildest adventures which also sees us through the very rich culture of South Africa. This book was intriguing and the narrative pattern was amazing.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

This is book would stir up a lot of emotions. Tina is a good story teller and i loved reading about her expediction in Africa. Great review
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Tina Dreffin is such an inspiring woman and her story of courage and determination is truly inspiring. I'm so glad that she shared her story and I know that it will give many people the courage to live life to the fullest and do the things that they are scared of. Her story is definitely a must-read for anyone who is hesitant to take a bold step and live life as they want. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The memoir takes you on a thrilling journey of sea-bound adventures.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

The authors writing style is accessible and engaging, making "Bluewater Walkabout" a great choice for both seasoned travelers and armchair adventurers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”