Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill is a work of fiction that describes how humans coexist with robots in an AI-controlled world. This book starts by mirroring a day in Kim's life in an AI-controlled society. Kim is a young researcher who works for an Artificial Intelligence company. Kim's life, starting from her clothing selection and the food on her eating menu to the booking of her means of transportation, is directed by Artificial Intelligence. At the AI company, Kim's job involves teaching a robotic device named Automatons how to operate in real life through constant training. One day, Kim and her friend, Shan, decided to go on a bicycle ride. As they veered off onto a less traveled road, they discovered a settlement, not recorded on a map, with people whose lifestyle was different from what was available in the AI-controlled city. Kim and Shan lost their way trying to get back home. How did they manage to find their way back to the city? What is so unique about life in this settlement? Read the rest of this book to find out.

The author of this book is a great storyteller. Reading the first few pages of this book didn't seem like I was in for a ride; it was just a description of life in an AI-controlled society. Down the road, I can see that there are two worlds, one controlled by AI and the other by humans. You might want to read to find out for yourself how the author told a story with these two worlds.

Also, there is a lot of research ongoing in the world on how to make most of our services run on Artificial Intelligence. The thing I like about this book is that it contains some merits and demerits of an AI-controlled economy, and world leaders will do well to read this book to get the author's perspective on what an AI-controlled economy would look like.

This book juxtaposed life in the local settlement with that in an AI-controlled environment. The editors of this book were exceptional with their editing. There is no part of this book that I dislike. The author of this book is a suspense expert, and I loved how he developed the characters in this book. This book was written with easy-to-understand words, and I never struggled with comprehension. Considering the above, I am awarding this book a rating of five out of five stars.

I recommend this book to anyone interested in how AI can help humans live better lives. Tech lovers will also find this book insightful.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

I love reading about AI technology. Humans interacting with robots? Sounds like an amazing plot. I'm looking forward to reading this book soon. Great review.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Your review is quite different and more clearer than any I’ve read about this novel. I’m really looking forward to reading this book soon. Great review!
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

Wow.....the fact that the book is a science fiction alone makes me interested. Terms of Service is a book talking about Artificial intelligence. I would love to get a copy of the book. Nice review.
Okezie Tochi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okezie-tochi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Okezie Tochi »

Wow, how humans coexist with robots in the Al-controlled world. This book is really inspiring, l will not miss this book for an thing. Wow what a great review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This is exciting, I believe in the nearest future to come, humans and robots would coexist with each other. It would be an enthralling event to experience such a generation. I am keen to know Kim's story, I definitely would grab a copy of this novel. And besides, I love sci-fi genres.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
kampen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kampen.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by kampen »

I must express my gratitude for giving the book such a thorough summary in such few words.
This book seems to be a fascinating work of science fiction set in a dystopian society where artificial intelligence rules. This book seems to portray several themes.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I enjoyed the review to be sincere. The review was also straightforward and I will like to read more from you. Good job .
Kaylee Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-samuel.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kaylee Samuel »

Your summary of this book is fantastic, and your review is straightforward. I am very eager to read this book. Thanks for the excellent review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”