Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is the author's memoir. The author was born in Algeria and was the only son of his parents after his brother died. He is a political activist because he aspires to free his country, Algeria, from French colonialism. The author was able to unite people who shared the same goal of liberating Algeria. Ghoulem was a talented man with many skills. He is a revolutionary ambassador, a freedom fighter, a physician, and a seeker of peace. He was the first scientist to propose a theory about reverse transcriptase enzymes. He fought for the liberation of many African countries as well as the establishment of peace between Israel and Palestine. He was a devout Muslim who married a Christian. Purchase the book to learn more about him.

I was riveted as I read about the author's tireless efforts to free his nation from French colonialism. On the entire globe, only a few people are willing to sacrifice themselves for actual freedom. The captivating narrative begins with the author's own nation, racism, and his struggle against French colonial rule in Algeria. Ghoulem chronicled his journey to free his nation and other African nations in great detail in his autobiography. I'm quite impressed with the author's accomplishments as well as his tenacity and enthusiasm in pursuing his objectives. As I read the author's biography, I felt a connection to it. I felt I had not made any positive contributions to the world after reading his book. This book is both motivational and educational. Although the author was a Muslim, he was friendly to people of all faiths, including Christians, Jews, and those of other religions.

His commitment to establishing peace on the continent of Africa is what I adore most about this book. I couldn't put the book down as I read about the author's tenacious pursuit of his objectives despite the obstacles he encountered. My interest was also piqued by his selflessness in starting a revolution. Even though he was imprisoned and subjected to torture, it didn't break his spirit; rather, it inspired him to work harder. The author of this book takes readers on a trip through each chapter as he pursues change. Additionally, readers will have a better understanding of colonialism's effects and the suffering in Africa. The author is quite imaginative, and I adore the images he utilized in some of the chapters to clarify some of the hazy ideas I had about the book. The book was special because of the motivational sayings at the end of each chapter.

There is nothing to dislike about this book except its length. The plot of the story is well-organized and developed. This is the book that will inspire readers to look for ways to improve the development of their respective countries. Because of the author's selflessness, discipline, and thoughtfulness toward his goals, the memoir will benefit the world. These were displayed beginning with his refusal of a bribe offered by the dean of a higher education institution.

I'd like to thank both the author and the editor for their efforts. The book has been professionally edited; I found only two errors in it. I give this book five out of five stars because it has helped me understand how to be selfless in my dreams. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy memoirs and are interested in African history.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Dr Ghoulem made a lot of selfless valuable impact that I hope every Africa leaders can emulate. Nice review
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Dream for peace is a must-read book for every African leader. I am happy that Dr.Ghoulem was able to write this book before he died. Wondering review well done.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I like how Dr Ghoulem Berrah worked hard to see his goals actualize. Many dream, but few are able to manifest their dreams . In his days, his dreams might have been too big to some people around him, but made it anyway. He is a legend in my opinion for achieving such heights.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Dr. Berrah lived an exemplary life. He has made a lot of impact in Africa and some places where he did his diplomatic work at large.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Dr Ghoulem Berrah truly lived an amazing life, and a Dream For Peace is a book that I can't wait to read, I really like that he started a revolution selflessly, this is a great character. Good review
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

I have fallen in love with the author of this book. from the review, I could see a huge sacrifice done by the author to set his people free from the bondage of french colonization. I wish to be like him. good job.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah tells the story of an African Doctor with a burning desire to bring peace and freedom to the African continent by serving as a diplomat. I enjoyed the read.
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life story is a perfect example every leader should emulate. I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

A dream for peace is the kind of memoir I love read. It has a huge lesson to follow in the life of Dr Ghoulem. A life of peace and diplomacy. I like his simplicity of life too. I enjoyed reading your review.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I have come across many reviews of this book and all pointed to the fact that the author achieves great things and lives a life full of possibilities and breakthroughs.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Reading historical novels about notable men who strive hard with all efforts to make the world a better place inspires me to follow such a path and of course help humanity in the little way I can.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Sandra Ijeoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ijeoma.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sandra Ijeoma »

A Dream for Peace seems like a political memoir, which I am not a big fan of, but this seems to be more than just a political memoir. I admire how the author had the dream of freeing his country, Algeria, from French colonialism and succeeded in achieving that dream. I also admire how he did not allow his religion to affect or cloud his judgment on marrying a Christian.
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

The author's desire for peace among his kinsmen is one important lesson to pick from the book. I must say this book is inspiring and your review displays that feature.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

With 10 men like him in the world, the world would be a better place and peace would reign. A wonderful review you have here. Well done.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”