Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The protagonist of this tale, Inca, is a Siberian cat that serves both as the leader of her detective squad, Inca and Company, and the main character in the story. Inca is a cat detective who works with her squad, which includes Fromage, her brother, Cara, and Terrance, a dog that belongs to Solo, a human investigator, to name a few.

Missy, the mother of these creatures who is also a human, has just been invited to serve as one of the judges for the French pastry competition in South Korea. Missy will take advantage of this chance to debut her brand-new cheese around the globe. Inca, Missy, Solo, and the rest of her crew are getting ready to leave. At the airport, the crew solved a crime. Read this account of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula to learn the problems they were able to address.

I adore the author's writing style. It is easy to use, interesting, and exciting. Even though this is written for kids, it nevertheless has a context appropriate for reading by adults. According to her bio, R.F. Kristi is a fervent animal lover. I'll add that it's clear from the way she writes. She does a good job of accurately capturing how each animal behaves, especially cats. I am aware that various cats have varied behavioral tendencies; here, Inca acts like the boss while Cara is the beauty queen.

I really admire the camaraderie these animals exhibit. I had no idea that dogs and cats could get along so well. It surprised me to discover that they were related because I always assumed they were at odds. It's funny how they act toward their human mother like actual kids. They took such great care of her. They obviously adore her because of how evident it is.

Nothing about this storybook disturbs me. Any child's attention will be quickly captured by the interesting images. It receives a score of 5 out of 5 stars. In the same way, I didn't spot any mistakes in the book. It's exceptionally edited.

This is something I'd recommend for kids aged nine and up. They will have no trouble understanding the context. Any adult who wants to pass the time with something entertaining can learn this. It's a quick but engaging read.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

When I read this book, all I admired was Inca's trouble solving nature and team spirit. Children stand to learn a lot from that. Beautiful review.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

This is one of the children's books I love so much. The teamwork, and love shared between them are captivating. Above all my favorite character is Inca, her personality in the book was well developed. Good job.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Cat Detectives in Korean Peninsula is a very amazing book. I can't wait to read it to my younger cousins and siblings. I love that Inca is a good cat and this will influence children positively.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi is a book that told the story of the Inca Cat family who happens to double as a chef and detectives. I enjoyed the read.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed your review, and I look forward to reading this book. I will like to know more about inca and her squad.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This is a good book for kids to read. I like the concept and the coded message it is delivering; that the pets we have at home are also intelligent and they are always cute. I like the strong personality of Inca, as portrayed in the book.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

When I read this book, it was a day read and I did enjoy the author's writing technique, Inca story, and adventure fascinated me because every chapter had something new to offer. I do appreciate your review of it, as it reminisces my experience of the novel.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Inca and her furry family as so cute and brave. I liked how they were able to reunite Yejun and his sister and their cute cat. The illustrations in the story was quite interesting too
Great review !
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book's cover page is what I love most about this book. Although its a book for children I enjoyed reading it and love the pictures the author used. Wonderful review well done.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is best recommended to young children. The dialogue is easy to follow and the grammars are simple to understand. Great review!
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

The Inca Cat Detective series is an intriguing and engaging read. The exploits of Inca and her team is witty and I love the illustrations that always accompanies the narrative.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Among the children's books, I have ever read the one that stands out for me. Inca in this book is my favorite character because of her determination and courage. Good job.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

Even though I don't really devote my time to reading children's books. I'll love to read this one. Your review is remarkable.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This seems like an interesting book. Also the cover of this book caught my attention. Thanks for your honest review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”